Chapter 5: Lipgloss

"So we need to decide what our last name is going to be." I told them trying to change the subject as fast as possible.

"How about smith?" Nicholas suggested.

"No." Dante replied.

There was a long pause, full of nothing. No one said anything. I swear ten years passed by before anyone spoke. "Whitmoore." Dante said.

"That sounds good to me, what about you Marie?"

"Marie Whitmoore." I said to myself. "It has a nice ring to it, sure. Whitmore it is."

We sat there for a while before Dante spoke. "Well it's getting late, Marie maybe you should be getting to bed soon. I'll tuck you in." Dante smiled deviously.

Dante is going to make me regret this whole legal guardian thing for the rest of my mortal life. Making sure my life drags on and on. Hopefully this doesn't get too annoying, but knowing Dante.

"Don't push it." I warned Dante.

" I'm going to go upstairs and think about what it means to be a parental figure." He said as he disappeared up stairs.

"Wow that went well." I said surprised.

"Yeah, maybe too well." Nicholas said still staring at the place Dante was visible.

"Well, it's getting late. I'm going to go get ready for bed, goodnight."

"Goodnight."

I couldn't fall asleep until like 3. I just kept thinking of the best memories of my old life and thinking of how different it's all going to be now.

"Marie, wake up. Wake up Marie." This voice said causing me to be woken up.

I opened my eyes and focused on my surroundings. Dante was just inches from my bed.

"What the hell Dante?!"

"Morning, come on wake up."

Before replying I rolled over and looked at my clock, which told me it was six in the morning.

"Dante it's 6am in the summer! Go away!"

"Hey you asked me to be your parental figure, this is me doing that."

"I asked you to sign a paper saying you're my legal guardian. Then as far as I care you can fall off the edge of the earth." I harsley replied.

"Well, if I'm signing that paper, I'm taking the full time job. Your choice feel free to answer whenever you make up your mind."

"Dante I fell asleep at 3am, please can we talk about this later." I said rolling over and pulling the covers over my head.

"As your parental figure I don't think you should stay up till 3am...but fine, we can talk later." He said leaving my room finally!

I slept till noon, then got up to go find Nicholas, who was in his room watching T.V.

"Hey so Dante didn't really agree to the whole signing the papers stating he was my legal guardian. He says that unless it's a full time thing, he's not interested." I said slowly at first then going to my normal speaking speed.

"Well you could always-"

"No, I already thought about it. No one would believe it, you don't look over 18. People would be too suspicious." I interrupted.

"You're right. So, what are you going to do?"

"The only thing I can do...let Dante be my... parental figure." I said with a disguised look on my face.