Chapter 29: Old Friend

"Let's end this." Dante said.

He ran at me and punched me in the gut causing me to fly up into the air and slammed onto the ground.

I guess I forgot that Dante is now the strongest vampire.

"This is even more fun than I thought it would be!" He laughed walking up to me.

I struggled to get up, just to get punched in the face. As I went to punch him back he grabbed my fist. He then continually punched me in the face. My mouth slowly starts filling with blood. I was losing bad, I hadn't even landed a punch. He pushed me back and I fell on my butt, I spit some of the blood out of my mouth before I stumbled to my feel.

"Com'on Lipgloss this is just embarrassing."

"Well sorry, I'm having a little trouble fighting against the strongest vampire alive." I said getting to my feet once again.

He smiled at my words and then his face turned to tough as he punched me in the gut. I fell on my knees in pain, coughing up blood.

"Marie!" A worried voice yelled.

I saw Nicholas run over to my side and he put his arms around me helping me stand.

"Dante, you are an awful person!" Nicholas yelled at his brother.

"After all this time brother, you're just now figuring that out? You only see what you want to see." Dante barked at his brother.

"Com'on Marie, we're leaving." Nicholas told me.

"You're just going to walk away? Give up?" Dante challenged.

On any other day when I wasn't torn up on my boyfriend, not terrified by what the world had become, and I wasn't choking on my own blood I wouldn't have walked away from a fight.

Nicholas helped me up and back into the car, Dante just stood there amazed until we drove out of sight. I can't believe I just lost a fight or left one, especial against Dante. This is going to be a lot more work than I thought.

"Nicholas, how are we ever going to stop him?" I asked defeated.

"I don't know."

It was just so much better when Seth was here. He could watch our backs, while we watched his. Nicholas wouldn't have been removed from the situation today if Seth was still here.

"Are you okay?" Nicholas asked concerned.

"Yeah, I just wish he was here. I think today would have gone down differently if he was, but he's not here so..."

"I'm so sorry Marie, you shouldn't have to go through what you have."

The problem is I have gone through this. It was my destiny, my mom was a slayer, and so am I. I accept my life is crazy, my boyfriend is dead, and my real family is made up of vampires, but I can't accept that the rest of the world has to live like I do.

"I don't think we can do this alone." I told Nicholas.

"I've been thinking that too, but who would help that could actually be helpful?"

That's a good question, the people that could really help are probably loving being able to show who they really are to humans. If we don't do something though, the whole human race will soon be in danger of extinction.

"The whole human race could go extinct and if that happens vampires aren't very far behind." I explained.

"Yeah the problem is most vampires want to live this way."

Who else could help, besides vampires? Who else is there? Then it hits me....

"Witches." I said.

"What?"