Chapter 23: Family

"So where's Seth? How are you here right now?" I asked.

"Well Seth is still prisoner to Dante and I got away to find you. I was worried about you, but clearly you can take care of yourself."

I turned away from Nicholas to realize my friend was unconscious, well that took care of that problem.

"So why don't we talk on the way to go rescue Seth?" I asked walking towards him.

"Sure." He nodded.

"Where exactly did you come from?" I asked.

He turned and lead the way into an abandoned part of the town. We walked into a abandoned house that looked like one wrong step could make the whole building collapse. Nicholas continued to lead as we walked inside, dust carpeted the ground, and the wood of the house looked rotten. It's weird that the state wouldn't tear this place down, by the looks of it, no one has lived here in decades.

"He's right up stairs." Nicholas said stepping with caution up the stairs. I'm not sure if he was stepping with caution because of the old house, or the people in the house.

The second floor was really open, it was more of a loft than anything else. The only furniture in the loft was a chair with chains on it, but no one was there. The only evidence that Seth was ever here was his blood that stained the chair.

*Boom!

"Was that the front door?" Nicholas asked.

"It's a trap, we need to get out of here."

I made my way to the window and got ready to just when...

"Lipgloss, looking for this?" I turned at the sound of his voice.

Seth was in Jake's arms looking even more helpless than before. Dante stood next to them smirking. Jake pushed Seth forward and he stumbled into my arms. It was then that I got a better look at him. He had his left eye almost completely swollen shut, his cheeks were bruised, and he looked like he hadn't ate in weeks. It made my eyes tear up.

"Seth." I somehow managed to make out.

He just smiled at the sound of my voice.

"Hey, be honest, do I still look like the bad boy vampire I was when we first met?"

"You look even more like a bad boy vampire now." I said smiling. "Get Seth out of here and somewhere safe. I'll catch up with you guys later." I told Nicholas.

Nicholas looked at me with a worried expression, but left anyway. I knew the vampire would let them go, they only wanted me. I turned to the window and made sure they got away. As I turned back I ran into something or someone.

"You really need to watch where you're going." Hunter said.

"So what the vampire gang wasn't enough, so you had to bring in this?" I said to Dante while gesturing to Hunter.

"Um.. this guy is very important." Jake explained.

"Why? He can't fight, he's not a witch, but a vampire. Why do you need him?"

Jake walked over and grabbed the chair and sat it next to me. I ripped the chains off and sat down. Jake and Dante exchanged looks before Jake walked back up to me.

"When Mom and Dad left, they didn't go because of Dad's job, they left to find your real parents."

My real parents? I thought they were my real parents. Jake is lying there's no way I'm...I'm...

"Adopted. You're adopted." Jake said.

I took a moment to think about what my brother just said. No, it can't be true. I'm not adopted. I've lived with my family my whole life. It's not possible.