Chapter 3: Dante

I walk through a set of double doors that have a nameplate which reads "Mr. Mystery". Well I have seen everything now. As I walk in the room reminds me of a library the walls are wood and have brown wood bookshelves everywhere, there's a bunch of comfy brown leather love-seats, soft carpet floors and a huge desk that reminded me of principal's desk. There he is in a brown old fashion suit. He has black short hair, and the roundest head I have ever seen. He has brown eyes, really bushy eyebrows and is skinnier than a twig. He's about 5'11" and you can see his muscles even through his suit.

"Hello! You must be Marie." He said very kindly and with a personality I might add.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Mystery? Is that your real name?" I asked confused but slightly amused.

"No, but I got rid of my real name a long time ago. If it helps you can call me Mr. Myster." he said.

"Mr. Myster?" I repeated amused.

"Okay let's skip the name for now and get started with the slayer heritage." He said.

"Okay the first thing you need to know..."

He went on about how there has been about 200 slayers since the early 1900s. That's not a lot and all of them died from vampires. All have similar stories and circumstances. I need to learn and memorize the most popular ways they died to make sure I don't make the same mistake. He printed out a list of the top 100, most popular to least popular. He said that I better study because he was going to give me a test next appointment and I didn't want to find out what would happen if I didn't pass.

Nicholas picked me up after the appointment I was about to walk to the other side of the car to get in the front but to my disappointment Dante was with him. So I sat in the middle seat of his black Dodge Durango.

¨So, how was it?¨ Nicholas asked me.

¨Just like school. I already have a test and he said that I don't want to find out what happens if I do bad.¨

¨Wow, sounds like a creepy guy.¨ Dante said.

¨I've met creepier." I said as I hinted that I met him.

¨Hungry? We can stop and pick something up for you to eat?¨

¨I'm good, let's just get back so I can study.¨

I studied for an hour straight. It was a little creepy how clever vampires have been in the past. I can't even begin to imagine how clever they are now. From being staked like a vampire to getting electrocuted to death. The thought gave me chills. I decided to take a dinner break before my brain got fried. Nicholas was out hunting and I could only hope Dante doesn't come downstairs. I enjoyed the peaceful silence, it gave me time to think. Sadly the silence didn't last long and I rolled my eyes as he entered the room.

¨How's studying?¨ Dante asked.

¨As if you care.¨ I whispered under my breath. ¨If you really want to know it's going fine.¨

There are times where I have no idea what Dante is thinking. All I ever know for sure is that it's something I probably don't want to know. He went over and looked at the paper Mr. Mystery had printed out.

¨Hmm... and when is your test on this?¨ He asked.

His interest confused me. He was coming off like he cared.

"Thursday. So if you could keep it down, I'm going back to studying." I said as I put my dishes in the dishwasher and strutted upstairs to my room.

I made flash cards so hopefully when Nicholas got back he could quiz me. Until he gets back I guess I will just study with my lonesome self. Nicholas returned at about 6.