Chapter 40: New Threat

Apparently Lucifer doesn't waste any time because I could hear footsteps climbing the stairs in less than five minutes. The door opened and Dante stepped in followed by a little boy with white spiked hair, red eyes, and well the body of a twelve of thirteen year old. This really tough vampire was barely tall enough to reach the top cupboard where the cookies were.

It took everything inside of me not to laugh at this vampire child in front of me. Dante described him to be a scary killer. This boy isn't very intimidating at all. If it wasn't for his red eyes (that I've never seen a normal vampire have constantly) I wouldn't be scared at all. I couldn't let my guard down though, this child before me still taught former Dante the vampire way.

"So this is the slayer who ruined our world?" He asked disgusted.

"Yeah, I'm still debating what to do with her." Dante explained.

"That's a good question. We could kill her-"

"Then she's dead too quickly."

"Let her live out her life as a prisoner?"

"That's only 70 years."

"True..." There was a slight pause while he continued to ponder the idea.

"You could turn her, then make her have a front seat as we take over the world and turn it into a vampire paradise." He suggested.

Wow, I'm impressed, Dante thought of turning me, but not watching the world as I know it crumble. If I couldn't fix it, I sure as hell wouldn't watch it. I would stake myself.

"That's a good idea." Dante agreed slowly walking over to me. "What do you think?" Dante said ripping the tape painfully from my lips.

Now it was my turn to do the acting. "I think if you come near me I'll kill you." I warned.

"Oh she's a feisty one." Lucifer observed. "That will make her a very fun vampire."

Little did he know I had already been a vampire.

"Yeah I'm not going to be a vampire." I informed him.

"It's not up to you." He replied.

We stared at each other intensely for a long moment before Dante spoke. "Lucifer why don't we go catch a bite and swap stories?"

Lucifer kept his gaze, his child eyes staring directly into my soul, finally he nodded and left the room. Hunter came in just as the boys left and watched out the window as the car drove away. Once the car was out of sight Hunter took the chains off and we played cards for the fast couple hours the boys were gone.

When the boys returned the chains did as well, my brother left, and I was alone. It was then I realized that Seth didn't come in the room. I wonder where he went.

The door opened and Lucifer, Dante, and surprisingly Seth walked in, blood covering all of their faces. Seth who was missing actually went to catch a bite with them. I couldn't even look at any of them.

"What? Can't handle the vampire diet?" Lucifer asked.

"No, not when three or more humans just died at your guys' hands." I responded still not looking at them.

"Lighten up they were just humans." Lucifer replied as if I was the one out of line here.

That's the problem with vampires, they have no remorse to humans. They don't care if they have family or friends. They just don't feel or remember what it's like to be a scared mortal.

"I won't lighten up those people you killed had lives!" I yelled.

"Would you rather us feed on you?" Lucifer asked.

"No, I would rather vampires didn't exist!" I said out of anger, without really thinking.

I looked up at Seth, whose puppy like eyes were on the verge of tears. He quickly exited the room before the others could notice. I can't believe I was so stupid.

"Well, I wish slayers didn't exist." Lucifer told me.

Eventually the vampires left and I was alone. All I could think about was the fact that I said that in front of Seth. I don't know how I would ever make that up to him.

The hours passed slowly and finally the sun went down. I got comfortable on the bed and slowly lost consciousness.

It was as if it was a normal day, I was walking around Seth's house, but I couldn't find anyone. I continued to check the bedrooms, but the house was empty. I walked outside and my eyes found three vampires. Dante, Seth, and Lucifer were talking or arguing. I couldn't exactly tell. All of the sudden, Lucifer took a stake out of his jacket and staked Seth! I fell to my knees and everything sped up, as if fast forwarding through my life.

When it finally slowed I couldn't exactly understand what was happening. Humans were working like normal, but then a bell rang and more humans took the place of the other. I followed the humans leaving as they entered a room full of vampires, who had them sit down as they fed on them. The bell rang again and instead of the next humans being bitten, they were laid down and punchered with a needle connected to one of the blood bags they have for donating blood. The blood was then put into a refrigerator truck?

What kind of world did I just walk into?

I woke up to the sun shining in my face. At first I was thankful it was a dream, but then I realized it could be real. The future isn't looking very bright. Just then the door opened, I expected to see Lucifer and Dante, but it was just Dante.

"Hey." He said walking into the room.

"Where's Lucifer?" I asked.

"Out for a bite."

"I saw what he's planning on doing." I announced.

"What?!" Dante asked confused.

"Enslave humans and keep them alive primarily for blood." I explained.

"Wow, that's not good, what are we going to do?"

"Stop him, somehow." I responded.

We saw a car pulling up the driveway and Dante was about to leave before I spoke. "Dante, tell him I love him." I said.

He just nodded and left.

I sat there and thought about how I could stop Lucifer from killing Seth. If only I knew why he killed Seth or when.

The problem is I can't talk to Seth without blowing both our covers. It sucks because I said something yesterday and then found out he's going to die if I don't do something.

The hours of the day passed slowly until Lucifer and Dante came in.

"We have big news." Lucifer said.

"And what would that be?" I asked uninterested.

"Tomorrow night, you will become immortal... again." Lucifer announced.

"OMG Really?! No way!" I yelled sarcastically.

"Enjoy your last night as a human." Lucifer said before they exited.

I fell asleep slowly and woke up the same way. I was hoping I would have a dream that answered some of my questions. I decided I wasn't going to stay in here all day and opened the bedroom door. I walked downstairs, but the house was vacant. I continued looking around the house but, didn't find anyone.

Oh no!

I put the pieces together and realized this is just like my dream. I ran into the backyard and there was Dante, Lucifer, and Seth.

"Guys!" I yelled trying to get there attention.