Chapter 6: Becoming a Slayer

Hope you guys enjoy!

Chapter 6: Unedited

When we arrived I made the stupid decision to let Dante come with me. We had to wait 30 minutes before seeing the witch, Dante almost left. We entered a room that was about the size of two master bedrooms. Looking out the window was an average height African American women. She had the craziest grey eyes I have ever seen.

"Hello Marie." She said turning away from the window.

"My name is Evalan but, my friends call me Trollhella because I get my magic from dark places."

Trollhella, wow that's the scariest thing I've heard all day. Which says a lot considering the life I live.

"Everyone has a nickname, what's yours?"

I could literally feel Dante's amused smile. "Yeah Marie, what's your nickname?"

I knew that I would forever regret speaking this next word. "Lipgloss."

"Who gave you that nickname.... And why?"

"He did, because apparently I wear it so much." I said gesturing to Dante.

"Good, that will be your slayer name." She announced as Dante then fell on the floor from laughing so hard.

"Are you ready to become a slayer?" She asked.

I nodded, I'm so ready to be able to defend myself against vampires, one in particular.

"Okay before we do the spell there's a few things you need to know. First, you won't be as strong as some vampires when you first start out. Vampires get stronger over time so, start with the newer vampires.You will feel like you're moving normally then all of the sudden you'll be moving at 60 miles an hour. You will also heal faster than a human but slower than a vampire. You will also have to kill at least one vampire in 20 years, otherwise you will lose your healing abilities. This is a job you're expected to do until you are at least 40. If you understand what I have just said then we are ready to start." She said.

I really hope this spell doesn't hurt. She had me sit down in a chair, then she grabbed a necklace with an empty glass cylinder and set it in my lap. She started to speak in a language that sounded a lot like latin then I felt a pinch like feeling all over my body. The lights started to flicker and it was getting creepy fast. She reached down, opened my left hand and cut my pointer finger. It was bleeding really bad. She grabbed the necklace with the cylinder and put my blood into it. I looked over at Dante to make sure the hunger didn't overcome him. He looked fine but, I'm not completely sure.The lights stopped flickering and she put the necklace around my neck.

"Congratulations! You are now a slayer."

"Umm... I am curious though, why do I have this veil of blood around my neck?" I asked holding the red liquid in my hands.

"Well it was a legend that it would protect a slayer from harm of supernatural beings but, now it's just a tradition. We both know it doesn't protect you from death."

"Yup."

"Don't forget to train and best of luck to you."

"Thank you, it was nice meeting you!"

"You too, Lipgloss. Now use that name, you want to keep your identity a secret." She instructed.

I nodded as Dante and I left the room. We were almost out the building when Trollhella stopped us. "One thing you might not know because it's kind of a slayer to with secret..." She said giving a weird glance."... is that you will get slayer instincts usually in the first couple weeks. Basically it helps you with some skills and thoughts about vampires. Don't worry though it won't control you, you will just feel it run through you."