Chapter 15: Sacrifice

Chapter 15: (Unedited)

"Jake!" I yelled kneeling on the floor by his body.

Tears streaming from my face as I looked at my dead brother.

"Relax Lipgloss, he'll be conscious in about 15 minutes." Dante said rolling his eyes.

"YOU TURNED HIM?!!!"

"What part of the 'one thing you hate' did you not understand?"

I couldn't believe this, Jake was going to be a vampire. I looked at my brothers body petrified.

GASP!

My brother sat up and inhaled deeply.

"Jake are you okay?" I asked a concerned expression wore on my face like a mask.

"Okay? I'm amazing this new energy flowing through me is amazing. It's way better than I imagined." He said smiling as if this was the greatest thing ever.

"Imagined?"

"Dante thanks man." He said giving him a bro hug.

"You guys played me." I said realization hitting me like a brick. "You really haven't changed at all, Jake. I can't believe I was so easy to believe you."

"It's not your fault you're so easily playable."

"Congrats Jake, you tore us apart again. Just in time for me to die." I said turning and walking back to the house.

I checked the time and it was 11:15. 45 minutes until I'm dead. At least I won't have to face Jake or Dante after this.

"Ready?" Dante asked.

I didn't even notice him until he spoke.

"Yeah." I was surprised at how truthful it sounded.

I guess it was true. I was ready to get away from everything. I'm tired of getting hurt.

"Wow Marie, I expected you to be a little more heartbroken." Jake said.

"At least I'll be away from you."

"But I thought you were happy to have your best friend back?" His mocking tone made it seem like him and Dante have been spending way too much time together.

"You two are perfect for eachother. You're basically just a replica of the other. I can not wait till I am free of you both." I said turning and walking out the back door.

The first thing that caught my eye was Seth sitting on one of his outside chairs. I haven't even gave him as much as a thought. I was too worried about my brother.

"Seth." I said running and giving him an awkward hug.

I don't know why I was so excited to see him. It just seems that after everything that happened today he is the only good thing left. What is wrong with me? I am falling for a guy who is going to kill me tonight.

"Are you okay?" Seth asked as I sit down.

"I've been better, how about you?"

"Just upset and overwhelmed about tonight."

"I just want to get tonight over with." I sighed.

"Same."

We still had about 30 minutes till the ritual started. Seth and I watched as the others set up for the big event. Dante and Jake were exploring Jakes new view on the world. Lucky for me they were far away from me. As we came closer to the ritual my stomach got into more knotts.

"Ten more minutes." One vampire announced.

"Wow, ten minutes and I will be minutes from death."

"Or maybe it will be the beginning of a whole new chapter of your life." Seth suggested.