Chapter 45: Changing the Future

"You found her?" Dante asked.

"Yeah." The witch responded.

His voice surprisingly deeper than I expected.

"Well Dante you said she was a fighter."

"Yeah, but I didn't know she was so good at it."

"Yeah all these vampires and witches around you would think someone would notice."

"I'm just ninja."

"Apparently."

"Yeah the smooth ninja who can't move." Dante added.

They all laughed.

"Well Dante, why don't you take 'the ninja' back to her room. Also stay with her I don't want a repeat of what happened tonight." Lucifer said.

"Sure thing." Dante nodded

He then dragged me back upstairs. Once there we sat in silence. The silence gave me a lot of time to think. I was glad the slayers were making good progress. I wondered how well Christopher was doing with finding witches and vampires to fight with us. Not that there was much time left for him to find help.

I slowly fell into a deep sleep and entering the dream world.

I was standing in front of a group of 20 or so people. In the group I saw Nate, Rider, Harper, Tigger, and Christopher. Behind me I saw another group of people I this group was Dante, Hunter, and Lucifer. Dante and I met each others eyes and he gave me a small smile and a wink. The second group of people had at least 35 people. We were going to lose. Evil would finally conquer the good.

I woke up to realize I was hyperventilating. Which surprised me only because the dream wasn't that scary. At least not the dream itself. The idea made me scared. The whole world rests on what happens here.

"Com'on. They want you down stairs." Hunter instructed.

"I'll be right there, I'm going to get dressed."

"Okay." He nodded leaving.

As I got dressed in my black jeans and my vampires suck t-shirt I thought about telling Dante what I saw. There isn't any time now. We are surrounded by people helping Lucifer. I guess I'll wait till the right moment comes.

"Marie, how long does it take to get dressed?" Hunter asked through the door.

"I'm coming!" I shouted back before opening the door.

"Finally." He said before reading my shirt. "That's what your wearing?" He laughed.

I ignored him and walked downstairs into the very open living room. Sitting in there was about half of the people from outside yesterday.

"Look who finally decided join us." Lucifer said.

"And in that lovely outfit." Dante said sarcastically.

We all laugh.

"Well now that Marie has graced us with her presence, let's get started. All of you know my plan to enslave the human race, now we just need a plan to do it. Ideas?" Lucifer asked.

"Why don't we ask Dante, he's done it before." One guy recommended.

"Dante any ideas?" Lucifer said turning to look at him.

"Uh... well you need a location to penetrate first." Dante inputted.

"Excellent." Lucifer nodded pleased.

"Where do you propose is the best starting point?" A girl in the back asked.

"Uh... A small town with a population of a few thousand. The town should be off the map that way you can easily cut out communication of any other town. Once you have control of that town you start working on the towns that border it." He informed.