Chapter 10: Escape

"Es-cap-e! Weird it's spelled just like escape" -Dory Disney's Finding Nemo

Chapter 10: (Unedited)

When I woke back up Seth was staring at me. That's not creepy or anything. I had a hard time sleeping. My brain is too busy coming up with a solution to my current problem.

"Morning." He said in a dull tone.

If there's one thing I can tell about me and mornings it's that I hate them and they hate me. My brain doesn't really function until 10 a.m. Also my hair doesn't like mornings either. I have to get my hair soaked, then use a hair dryer to get it to lay the way I want it to.

*Rumble Rumble*

I heard as I felt my stomach rumble. I'm starving.

"Hey did your vampire minions go to the store, yet?" I asked preparing to be annoyed if they haven't.

"Yup there's food downstairs. Come on." He said grabbing my wrist and dragging me along.

This was the first time I had really seen the kitchen. It had white tile floors that were cold even through my socks. A shiny grey fridge that's fingerprint free, well for now. There was a huge island in the middle with a sink. This is like the kitchen everyone dreams of having.

He pulled me over to the fridge and opened it. An explosion of color came out of the fridge. So many amazing foods. I mean they are simple enough that I can make a meal with my limited cooking experience. He then opened the door to the freezer. I am in food heaven. Crab chocolate lava cake, and OMG ICE CREAM!!! I love ice cream so much. I probably look like a kid in a candy store. We walked over to the pantry and I opened it. There was just about every topping for ice cream, from chocolate syrup to marshmallows that were flavored chocolate and mint. I don't remember writing all this stuff down. In fact I only wrote like five of this stuff.

"There's a lot more here than I wrote." I said confused and happy.

"Well I decided it's your last month alive, you might as well have amazing food to eat." He said proudly.

That was oddly nice of him. I'm not going to read too much into it though, I am just so happy and hungry.

"Thank you. I said sincerely as I walked over to the fridge and grabbed some eggs to cool.

He was being nice, too bad I know it won't last long. I'm getting out of here. I'm planning a smarter more elaborate plan. It's time to test to see if this bracelet really works. I'll execute my plan tonight.

I had most of the plan ready. It's not a very fall jump from the second story window. I will just jump and run. The vampire gang will expect me to just run through the door. At least that's what I'm counting on.

That night Seth made the stupid mistake of falling asleep and leaving me unattended. He just never learns. I opened the window and without hesitation I jumped. Outside I was relieved to see that no vampires were present.

*BEEP *BEEP *BEEP

The thing I thought Seth was lying about was actually the truth. The alarm from my bracelet made a very obnoxious sound. It was obnoxious as a fire drill at school. I didn't know what to do and before I realized I was surrounded by vampires.

I really didn't plan on that so now I have to find a way to disable the alarm or my bracelet. First things first, where is the alarm system? I mean I have been in just about every room in this house. This is going to take some time. Right now time is not on my side. I only have 20 days or so till the full moon.

After a lot of thought I decided that unless I come across the alarm system then I need to focus on disabling the bracelet. However you can do that. I have heard of a couple ways but I wonder which one actually works. Well I know the bracelet is waterproof and can't be cut off. Everything has a weakness, so what is this bracelets weakness? I will just have to try out a bunch of stuff.