Chapter 30: Working With The Enemy

"No! It can't be him!"

"He was trying to get on the inside, he had to gain Dante's trust." Trollhella explained.

"I don't want him here!"

*Beep

"Hello?" Trollhella answered.

"It's me, want to open it?"

"You bet!" Trollhella smiled.

I can't believe the guy responsible for Seth's death is here.

"Suck it up Lipgloss because he's here." Trollhella said making her way to the front door.

"Trollhella it's so nice to see you again." Marc smiled walking into the house.

I can't be in the same room as him, seeing his face just reminded me of when Seth died. It's like I was reliving it.

"Marie?" Nicholas asked concerned placing a hand on my shoulder.

"No. I can't!' I said shaking him off before running outside.

I went to the side of the yard where there was a meadow of flowers and laid down. How can I possibly be in the same room as the person who's responsible for Dante being super vampire, me being human, and Seth's death. That's not really the person who is on the good side.

"Marie?" I looked up to see Marc standing there.

"Look I can't deal with you right now." I said tears pouring down my face.

"We'll you're going to." He said sitting next to me.

I debated leaving, but if Marc wanted to talk to me he could just make me stay and since the last time it hurt even when I was a vampire, it would be worse now that I'm human.

"I know you're hurt because I killed your boyfriend, but-"

"No there is no 'but', you had no right to do it, and you know what? I'm not going to deal with you." I said getting up.

I made it about two steps before Marc stood in my way.

"I'm trying to be nice,but you know what I can do, so I would listen."

Wow, him threatening me is really helping his case.

"No! You listen, I am done with jerks like you. I don't owe you anything and I don't trust you!" I yelled walking away.

Out of nowhere I was in the air flying backwards and landed flat on my back.

"Stay out of my way Lipgloss, I can kill you faster than any vampire and no one would even know it was me. Understand." Marc threatened walking over to where I was lying in pain.

"Whatever." I said struggling to stand and walking back to the house.

A dramatic entrance is really more effective when you're not struggling to walk.

"I can't!" I yelled struggling to keep standing.

"Marie!" Nicholas said concerned running to my side.

"He is evil and threatened to kill me, I'm leaving or he is."

My back is killing me, I'm still in pain from my run in with Dante and there's a witch trying to kill me, what has my life come to?!

"Marc, is this true? You did this to Marie?" Trollhella asked as Marc walked into the house.

"No she fell and hit her back on a rock." He lied.

"Are you kidding me?! You don't actually believe him do you?" I shouted at Trollhella.

"Yeah, I do. You never trusted him, you're just trying to get rid of him!"