Chapter 16: Reborn

"Marie, wake up." A kind gentle voice spoke to me.

Then all of the sudden someone was shaking me like Darla shook fish in Finding Nemo.

"Marie, come one get up." The not so gentle shaking continued.

I opened my eyes to see Seth sitting next to me. I was in his bedroom, that's strange.

"How did I get here?"

"I carried you after the ritual." He explained.

Hearing the word ritual made a bunch of images click in my mind. Dante's betrayal, Jake's new vampire world, Seth and I's first kiss. Dante?! Oh am I going to kill him.

Wait!

Kill...The ritual! I was supposed to be dead. What happened?

"Wait how am I alive?" I asked confused.

"Um...I turned you." Seth hesitantly said scratching the back of his neck.

He is probably worried about how I would react. No need to worry though, I will react calm.

"What?! YOU TURNED ME?!" I said faster than I thought was ever possible.

You see I reacted very calm. HOW COULD HE TURN ME?

"Marie, listen I have a very good reason why I turned you."

I gave him a weird look of semi anger mixed with anticipation, as I waited for him to explain is reasoning.

"There's a prophecy that states if a vampire sacrifices a human that he will gain what ever strength that human had. I am leaving a lot of detail out, but there's more to it then just sacrificing the human. It has specific things about sacrificing a slayer."

We spend the next half an hour talking about what happens if you use a slayer. If you use a slayer you get all of their powers, which I already knew, but if you turn them they take your powers. Although the vampire will eventually regain strength, but it takes time.

"Marie you are the most powerful vampire, vampire slayer. You still have your slayer instincts which mean you are still a slayer." He explained.

"Wow, so you transferred your power, your destiny to me?" I asked a little frustrated that he didn't ask me first.

"Marie, you have the power to be good. To right wrongs. That's why I turned you."

I couldn't help, but smile. He thought I was strong enough to take this responsibility. He was one of the good vampires unlike Dante. Dante! Jake! Oh am I going to kill them both when I find them.

"Where's Dante?" I asked

"He was heading back home, his job here was done."

"I have to go." I said getting up and walking towards the door.

"Wait, you have to do one thing before you go."

"Feed, right?" I guessed.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" He asked.

"I used to be a huge vampire fan."

"Oh." He said surprised.

"Yeah, so let's feed."

He nodded and grabbed a blood bag from a drawer in the night stand.

"Human?" I was confused I thought vampires could live off animal blood.

"The first time you feed it has to be human." He explained.

Well that literally sucked. I had to do it though. It helped having the blood in a bag rather than veins. I took the bag from Seth and bit into it. Oh boy it tasted so much better than I could have ever imagined. It's like having all my favorite foods combined.