Chapter 9: Let's Not Get Sacrificed

What do you guys think so far?

Chapter 9: (Unedited)

I only need to last one more hour. I looked around to check and make sure that I was high enough it wasn't obvious from the ground. I looked up at the sky and looked at the sky with new eyes. Knowing that tonight could have been my last night to see the stars and the moon. They both lit up the night sky magnificently. The stars are so mysterious, they are always moving, yet look as if they are in the same spot in the sky.

I watched as the vampires looked for me and laughed on the inside as they walked right passed me. I couldn't have that much time left, at most 30 minutes.

"EVERYONE REPORT BACK NOW!" Seth screamed.

We must be getting closer because he sounds pissed.

"WHY CAN'T YOU FIND HER?! There are trees and house and gates!! Where is sh- Oh my god! I know where she is!"

"Want any of us to go with you?"

"No, I want to do this."

Oh no! Did he really find me?! If he did at least I have the upper hand.

"Lipgloss, I can't believe nobody thought to check the trees. Now the question is, which one are you in?"

I can't believe it. He really does know where I am!

"Lipgloss make it easy, just tell me where you are."

I need help. Ah! I still have my phone I'll text Dante. I got my phone out and NO! Zero signal.

Crack!

What the? The tree branch is breaking! I need to move!

Crack!

Holy cow! I really need to move. I leaped over to the nearest branch as fast as I could, just in time to watch the branch fall and crash to the hard dirt ground. Cover blown!

"Lipgloss you almost made it." Seth said with fake sympathy. "Now, come down."

"Um... How about no?! You come up." I ordered.

He started climbing and to my surprise and terror, he was really fast. He wasn't even breaking a sweat!

"Fine, make me work for it."

"Good luck!"

I grabbed the holy water and rubbed it all over the branches by me. I grabbed a couple of crosses ready for a fight.

"Lipgloss, I hate to break it to you, but you're the one that needs luck."

"Sure." I said sarcastically.

"Ouch!" He yelled as he touched the first branch with holy water. "Clever Lipgloss, but I've thought this through." He said pulling out a pair of leather gloves. You have got to be kidding me.

"It's 11:45 Lipgloss, you're cutting it close." He announced.

I realized that if he had the gloves on that the crosses wouldn't really effect him. I mean the holy water didn't effect him with the gloves, why would the crosses? It's time for plan B.

Snap!

Crack!

Snap!

I started breaking branches.

"Really Lipgloss. Com'on I need to get you on the ground in 10 minutes. The ritual has to start by then."

"Well my goal is to come down at 12:01, kill all the vamps here and finally get the hell home." I announced.

He continued climbing only about 5 branches away from me.