Chapter 18: Vampira

"Vampira." This one word I heard when we got back set everything in line for disaster.

"What in bloody hell does that mean?" I asked.

"It means there's a meeting of vampires. Usually invitation only, almost like a private party that a vampire hosts." Seth explained. "Who called the meeting?" He asked turning back to the vampires.

"Dante."

My eyes got big as I went into shock. Dante called a meeting of vampire? This cannot be good.

"Who's all invited?" I asked.

"Everyone except you three." The vampire answered.

"This cannot be good." Seth said.

Dante wants to meet with the whole vampire species except Nicholas Seth and I. Dante's on a search for me and wants to talk to the vampire race. Coincidence? I think not.

"We'll go and keep you up to speed." One vampire offered.

"When is it?" I asked my voice shaky.

"The day after tomorrow in Las Vegas"

The vampires left for the airport at six p.m. the following evening. My heart didn't start beating normally until they returned two days later. I was so anxious to hear what the meeting was about that I didn't get any sleep. The second I heard the car door close I raced to the door. None of the vampires looked at me when they walked in though.

"So what happened?" Nicholas asked wearing a serious mask.

"I'm sorry to inform you, but Dante convinced the whole vampire race that Marie is a threat. He's offering a reward to anyone who either has information on her or brings her to him. The fact that she is the former slayer doesn't help her case."

"Oh my goodness." I said turning away and walking upstairs.

Dante put a bounty on me? I no longer have just the vampire army and Dante to worry about, but the whole vampire species. There is no way I can fight them all.

"Are you okay?" Seth asked.

I shrugged. "I can fight Dante's vampire army, but the whole vampire race. I don't think I can take all of them."

"You're not in this alone and you won't be fighting alone."

"I can't ask you to fight. I don't want you to get hurt."

"You're only in this mess because I turned you."

"No, you can't go there. I would have been dead, not vampire dead, just dead." As I said this Seth embraced me in his arms.

I knew there was no way I could convince him not to fight for me. There's a battle ahead and I know it's going to be hard to win.

"Marie look I think we should see how well you can fight. Do some matches against the vampires that live here. You need to keep your strength up." Nicholas told me walking into the room.

I nodded then got ready for bed. This day has been exhausting. I feel into a deep sleep.

"Lipgloss!" Someone shouted.

I was motionless, hidden in a corner of what i am guessing is a abandoned work site. It's too dark to really see much of the details. It smelled like my dad's garage. He is a very handy man when he isn't at his office. Always insisting to do things himself rather than higher someone. The smell of wood chips made me miss home.

I was in the corner of what I can make out to be the second floor master bedroom. I just sat there waiting. For what? I didn't know. All I knew was that I had to stay hidden away from whoever was looking for me.