Chapter 31: Betrayal

Hey guys this double update goes out to AshKaur2003 thank you for your votes! 😁

------
He motioned for me to follow him as he walked out the door, but before I could start walking someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me into their chest. I looked up to see Nicholas' face just inches from mine.

"Are you sure you want to go with him? Five minutes ago you didn't want to be in the same room as him, now you're going to go somewhere alone with him?" Nicholas whisper yelled.

"If I don't get back in two hours and you don't hear from me then you can start to panic, okay?" I told him before turning and following where Marc had gone.

I walked outside and Marc was already sitting in the driver's seat of a back with white racing stripes mustang. It's no surprise that someone with Marc's personality would drive a car like that. I got in and Marc quickly raced out of the driveway onto the main road.

"So how far away is this store?" I asked looking out the window.

"About 15 minutes." Marc responded not looking away from the road.

On the way there I pondered over if I would have to tell Seth everything that happened or if he was watching it all roll out. It's an interesting question that can only be answered by Seth himself. I can't believe I'm going to get him back!

"We're here." Marc announced snapping me back to reality.

We were parked outside a barn like building in the middle of nowhere. This is a little sketchy, was Nicholas right? Maybe I shouldn't have been so trusting of Marc.

"They have to have it in a patch of trees, that way no humans accidentally stumble upon it. The magic stuff sold in there is kind of hard to explain to normal humans." He explained as we got out of the only car for miles.

You would think at least the store owner would have a car, but there aren't any other care. Still suspicious about the whole thing I followed Marc tot he door, where he stopped to open the door for me.

"What the hell?!" I said looking at the empty barn.

This is no store, but an abandoned barn. I turned to Marc wearing a worried expression and he chuckled cleverly.

"Lipgloss." The voice said in a loud whisper just like when I encountered Dante before, making me jump.

Sure enough when I turned around Dante was only feet from me. My heart started beating faster.

"You are so easy to fool." He said cleverly.

I turned and looked at Marc with vengeance in my eyes.

"I hear you and my brother are trying to get the witches to help take me down." He said with a fake betrayed voice.

"You deserve to die. This isn't the way the world was supposed to be." I pointed out.

"This is the way I want the world." He explained taking step closer.

Of course the only person Dante cares about is himself. How do vampire not care that eventually they will run out of food sources? First humans, then animals, then what?

"Not everything is about you!" I told him.

"Other vampires like this world." He refuted.

"Well soon it will only be vampires, what are you going to do when everything is extinct in this world except your species?" I asked harshly.