Chapter 24: Failed Escape

I slept peacefully that night not dreaming at all. I woke up into the dining room, everyone else was sitting around talking, but the room broke into silence when I was spotted.

"Good morning." Dante said.

"Morning." I always respond to good morning with morning because I don't think mornings are good at all.

They continued to talk with me sitting there for a few more hours, about stuff I didn't care about. I just thought about the next couple of months.

"Well we should probably leave." Dante said.

We all walked over to the front door to say good bye.

"Behave." Dante told me.

"You wish." I replied.

He gave me a threatened look as he walked out the door. Once the car disappeared I went and plopped down on the couch with Rave and Hunter following me.

The two days Dante was gone went by fast I just hung around Hunter and Rave. I tried to ask Hunter about my parents, but he blew off the question. Why? I don't know, but I would like to. I continued to question every plan I came up with until one crossed my mind that went against everything I believed in, but I think it will work.

*Beep!

Dante's car locked as Jake, the witch, and him walked up. The first part of my master plan is in motion.

"We're back, and I swear if Marie..." Dante paused after seeing me. "isn't here." he finished.

"Hello to you, too Dante." I replied.

"You behave?" He asked suspiciously.

"She did, which is weird because she's usually such a savage." Rave said.

Then a tan muscular guy with black buzzed hair walked through the door.

"You must be the witch." I said rudely.

"And you must be Marie, the strongest vampire in existence. My name's Marc."

Dante brought Marc into the dining room to discuss a spell.

"Well it's a complicated spell, since the ritual happened on a full mood the spell to reverse it has to happen on a full moon. Then there's just a lot of little things that need to be done."

Apparently Dante had planned this out perfectly because tomorrow is the full moon, and just like last time, I'm going to stop the evil plot. The boys went upstairs to gather the little stuff. I sat at the dining room table just looking around when I saw a phone sitting on Marc's bag. I quickly snatched it then went outside.

*Ring

Com'on pick up.

"Hello?"

"Seth?"

"Marie?!" Seth's voice excitedly asked.

"How are you?" I asked.

"Doing okay, what about you? Where are you? I'll come get you!"

I kept my eyes out for any sign of eavesdroppers, surprisingly no one came outside to check on me.

"Don't worry about me. I've got things in control, but where are you? Did you and Nicholas get somewhere safe?"

"Yeah, we're in-"

"Don't tell me, I don't know who is listening." I explained.

"Are you safe?"

"More or less." I answered.

Before I could tell Seth not to worry someone took the phone and hung up. I turned to see who it was running into them which immediately told me who it was. Hunter was standing in front of me looking as if I just robbed a bank.