Chapter 37: We Had A Deal

I arrived at the Big Apple in less than fifteen minutes. I had all day to walk around. I was planning on shopping or more likely looking at stuff I can't afford on the famous upper east side.

"Welcome to Tiffany's." A shopping clerk welcomed me as I walked into the store.

Once I saw the first price tag, I found my way back outside. That was about the same with just every store, so I decided to stop and have lunch at some overpriced cafe.

Before I even knew it, the sun was setting and night was upon the city.

I had no idea how Marc was going to find me, so I just wandered aimlessly around the city. The city is beautiful at night, will all the lights, but when you get closer there are a lot of creepy things about New York City. All the dark alleyways. I was just about to cross the street when...

*Boom!

Someone came up behind me and dragged me to the alleyway. The person pinned me up against the wall. I barely made out the facial figures of his dark face.

"Marc?! What the hell?" I yelled releasing a relieved sigh. Weird, I was actually relieved to see Marc!

"Told you I'd find you. Let's go." He ordered dragging me by the wrist, down the street and to a car that was already on. He guided me, well, more like pushed me into the back seat, where I bumped into flesh.

"Long time, no see, sis." Hunter greeted.

"Not long enough." I said under my breath. "Marc, why is he here?"

"For backup since you got away from me last time." He answered pulling out onto the road.

"Oh, because blackmailing me isn't good enough." I rolled my eyes.

The car ride was only about twenty minutes, but it felt like a lifetime. I don't know if it was because of Hunter and Marc's constant harassing or the fact that I knew one way or another I was walking into the final battle. Either I win and Dante goes back to his true self, or I die, or worse I get turned and Seth dies. This is it.

"You coming in tonight?" Hunter asked snapping me out of my deep thinking.

We arrived in a parking garage. I was then lead to an elevator. Once the elevator ride was over I was met with a huge condo. It appeared to be really open with a light wood colored kitchen to the left, living room in front of me, and a couple bedrooms to the right. There was just one problem.

"Where's Dante?" I asked turning to Marc and Hunter who were still by the entrance.

"Hey Sweetheart." I turned to see Dante trying to steal a kiss.

"Cut the crap, Dante." I told him placing a hand on his chest to stop him from getting any closer.

"So what's the plan here? When is this all going down?" I asked as we all migrated to the couches in the living room.

"Well babe, all you need to know is that tomorrow night, I'll be back and Seth can leave. Him leaving alive happens on one condition, you have to stay." Dante purposed.

"Fine."

We sat there for a while in silence before I got up in search for food. I opened the fridge, but to my disgust it was full of blood bags. I closed the fridge with a sigh and jumped to see dante standing right behind the door.

"You must really love me."

I was about to tell Dante off, but then he said something weird.

"Why are you sacrificing everything for me. You know Dante will kill you after I'm released." He stated.