Chapter 41: Not Again

"Guys!" I yelled trying to get there attention.

Dante and Seth turned to see me, while Lucifer grabbed his stake.

"No!" I yelled, but I was too late, Seth was already gone.

I fell to my knees and started crying. Again, I lost Seth again, only this time he was gone for good. Trollhella warned me about balance and how you can't bring back someone twice. I couldn't even deal with the hurt instead it turned to rage. Rage to kill one who killed me.

I got up and ran at Lucifer, will all my strength I punched him in the face. While he was still in shock I did a spinning back kick and my foot made contact with his face. I went to punch him again, but he caught my fist.

"Now, it's your turn to die." He said before I even knew what was happening his fangs sunk into my wrist because he was too short to reach my neck.

This feeling going through my body was one I've felt many times before. The blood draining out of my body, my consciousness fading fast, until finally it all goes away into darkness.

I woke back up in the bedroom, back on the bed as if nothing had happened, except I can feel the hunger. If I didn't feed on human blood soon, the immortal cells that our now multiplying will start to kill me from the inside out. The real question is, do I want to complete the transition? Do I want to be a vampire without Seth?

I thought for the next couple hours about the decision I was currently facing. I know Seth would want me to complete the transition, but I would have to spend the rest of eternity without him. I also had to think about the vision and the humans, I couldn't leave them helpless. I finally came to the decision that I should change.

*Knock Knock

"Hey, I have your blood." Hunter called.

Well now's my last chance to back out. No, I can't!

"Come in." I yelled.

"Here you go." Hunter said softly. He had a sorry look in his eyes, as if he felt bad Seth died again.

"Thanks." I replied grabbing the mug of warm blood and quickly drinking it before I had time to change my mind or think about where the blood came from.

"Lucifers out for a bite, he left a few minutes ago with Dante." He informed me.

"Good to know." I nodded detached.

It was quiet for a long time before Hunter spoke again. "I'm sorry about Seth."

"Thanks. I can't believe Seth did that." I cried.

"What are you going to do?"

"Well, I had a vision of what Lucifer is going to do to the world and I can't let him. I think the world has changed enough." I explained.

"Yeah, I agree the change didn't really help anyone the last time. I'll help any way I can."

"Thanks."

It was nice to know my brother is on my side this time. I can't help, but think that it has to do with the loss of our dad. It really hurt Hunter so much he has changed completely.

Later that evening Dante entered my room and told me Lucifer wanted to meet us. I got myself together and walked down stairs. Hunter, Dante, and Lucifer were sitting in Seth's living room when I walked down the stairs. The house haunted me as I looked around at all the memories Seth and I had here.

"Thanks for finally joining us." Lucifer siad. "Take a seat."

"What's going on?"

""Lucifer was telling us about the first step to his plan." Hunter said a little too excitedly.