Chapter 44: Surprise

For the first time I was struck speechless. Dante... is it possible I like him? I looked at him again and quickly looked away. Yes, it is very possible.

Weird, this guy who I once hated has transformed into a guy I now like. Like my life isn't complicated enough.

"Marie? Marie!" Dante shouted.

"What?" I said snapping back to reality.

"Are you coming inside tonight?" He asked.

Wow, I day dreamed the whole car ride back.

"What's with you?" Dante asked.

"Nothing." I smiled.

I don't know if he bought it, but I didn't stick around to find out. I rushed inside.

"Hunter?!" I shouted.

"Thank goodness. Lucifer will be back anytime." He explained to me.

"Hey! I wasn't done talking to you!" Dante said to me.

"Uh... Lucifer will be back soon. Gotta get upstairs." I said running upstairs.

I quickly shut the door the second I got upstairs. To no surprise the second the door clicked it opened again.

"Why are you avoiding the question?"

"What do you mean? I'm not avoiding anything." I said. "You should go, who knows when Lucifer will be back."

"Why are you acting so weird?"

"I told you it's nothing." I said trying to leave the room, but his hand pushed against the door blacking my escape.

"If Lucifer is going to be back soon don't you think you should stay in here?" He smirked.

Ugh, why is he so smart? Why is he so cute? Oh. My. God. I need to stop thinking, but man is he cute. Okay something is wrong with me.

"You're right, but you should leave. What would Lucifer think if he found you in here." I challenged.

"I could just tell him you tried to escape while he was gone and I need to watch you."

"Why can't Hunter?"

"Hunter doesn't know your patterns like I do."

Ugh! Why does he have to be so smart?

"Now answer my question." He demanded.

"What question?" I asked clueless.

"You know which one." He said putting his hands on my shoulders, while he stares deeply into my eyes.

We stood there for a long time. I just couldn't look away from his captivating eyes.

"What was this question I was supposed to answer?" I whispered our heads getting closer.

"It doesn't matter." He whispered.

Are faces got closer and closer until our lips touched.

*Knock *Knock

"Guys Lucifer wants you to be down stairs when he gets here to meet everyone."

"Be right there!" Dante shouted to Hunter.

"Not going!" I shouted.

"Yes, you are." Dante told me.

"No." I said very childishly.

Dante just shrugged before he threw me over his shoulder and carried me downstairs.

"See, told you." He smirked while putting me down.