Chapter 26: Heart Broken

Hey guys short chapter sorry. Just wrapping up part 2!

"STAKE?!" I repeated. "WHY ON EARTH DO YOU NEED A STAKE?!"

After a second of them not answering I knew.

"No." I said shaking my head. "NOOO!!!"

I've seen my future, I become human and that hasn't changed. They're obviously not killing Dante. That only leaves one. Tears started pouring down my cheeks as I fall to the ground hysterically. There's no escape, it's going to happen and I can't stop it.

"Marie, what's wrong?" Seth asked kneeling down and putting his arm around me.

"Yeah Lipgloss, tell him." Dante suggested amused.

His amusement turned my sadness into anger.

"It's all your fault! I won't sit here and watch this happen!" I yelled tears still pouring down my face.

"You don't have a choice." Dante reminded me.

I can't kill Dante, but I can go with my original plan and kill the witch. Maybe he has another one lined up, but it will take a while for them to get here, maybe even too long.

I started to move towards marc, but Seth grabbed me.

"What are you doing?!" I asked in anger and sadness.

"If you go after him now they'll just kill you when you're human." He answered.

"I'd rather it be me than you." I cried.

Seth didn't even budge at the fact I told him he was going to die.

"I've already lived my life for over 100 years, you haven't even begun yours."

"We were suppose to live immortally together." I sobbed.

He hugged me and I continued to cry on his shoulder.

"Well as heartwarming as this is we need to get started." Dante said.

"Marie, promise me one thing?"

"Anything." I said still in his arms.

"Live your life to the fullest, move on from me, and have no regrets." He said breaking the hug to look at me.

"How?"

"Just try, promise me you will try." He said wiping my tears away.

"I'll try."

He hugged me one more time and I wanted that hug to last forever, I wanted it so much, but if this teaches me anything it's that nothing lasts forever, even if you thought it would.

"Okay love birds, I need Marie to stand in between Seth and Dante." Marc said.

I moved out of his arms still crying hysterically.

Marc started speaking in Latin marking the end and beginning. He continued speaking for about ten minutes, all the while, I didn't stop crying.

"It's time, Seth come over here." Marc ordered.

"No!" I said moving, but then Dante stopped me by wrapping his arm around me.

"Let go of me!" I said fighting him, but he was much stronger than me.

"It's okay, Marie." Seth said walking to his death.

Marc grabbed the stake and once Seth was in reach shoved it into his heart, causing Seth to turn into nothing, but dust. I fell out of Dante's arms and onto the ground. My only love is dead and my heart is shattered. How will I ever truly live again?

"Help Marie up, we still have to finish this." Marc ordered.

Dante grabbed me and pulled me back up and I didn't fight. I could hardly see, my eyes were full of tears. Marc continued to speak in Latin, but I didn't listen, I just cried. With seth dead, my heart's dead.

"Marie!" Someone said, but I didn't pay attention. " MARIE!"

I looked up still unable to see things in focus. Dante was trying to get my attention.

"Place both hands up and touch them to Dante's." Marc said.

I did so willingly for there is nothing left for me to fight for. Marc continued speaking in Latin for a while until I fell back and saw nothing.

I opened my eyes to find myself still at the house in the middle of nowhere. I was on the long couch I had been sleeping on. Hunter sat in the one across from. All of the sudden all the memories of that awful night came crashing in.

"Oh Seth." I cried.

I was sad for a moment, but the sadness turned into vengeance.

"Where is he?!" I asked Hunter. "Where's Dante?!"

"They left."

Of course Dante didn't want to be here to pick up the pieces. I got up and walked through the front door. I started running, but was slower than before, still I continued. The adrenaline ran out shortly and I was sad again. I fell to the ground, tears poured down my face. How could I let him die? I cried and cried on the forest floor. Seth, my best friend, the first boy I ever loved is dead. How am I supposed to live without him? I continued crying until I cried myself to sleep. I don't even care that the ground of the forest was gross and muddy. Nothing mattered to me anymore. Seth was everything.

End of part 2!

What do you guys think so far?

3 more parts to go!