Chapter 27: New Legal Guardian

I opened my eyes and wiped my tears. I've been crying in my sleep for the last couple days since Seth died. Every time I fall asleep it's like I'm living it all over again, I stand and watch him turn into nothing. I wouldn't sleep if i didn't need to, being human sucks, especially without love. The only thing every human longs for. Is it worth the pain though?

"Morning." Hunter said walking downstairs.

I continued wiping my tears as I walked into the kitchen to get a normal human breakfast. I haven't really talked that much since that horrible day. Not that i have anything to say.

"What do you want to do today?" Hunter asked.

I don't know why he even asks, for the past two days I've been sitting on the couch dwelling in the loss of my heart.

"You've been moping around for days, don't you want to do something with your temporary life?"

"You know what yeah there is something I want to do."

"What?"

"Get out of here!" I said moving to the front door before Hunter stepped in front of me.

"Nope, can't do that."

"Why?" I don't understand why he cares, it's not like I can do anything.

"Because you're legal guardian is on their way."

"Okay well, I have multiple legal guardians: Jake, Dante, my adopted parents." I listed.

"He wants to meet you."

"Who?"

"Our dad."

Why would I want to meet the person who first, gave me away and second, who raised Hunter. If he's anything like his dad, then I'm not interested in meeting him.

"Thanks, but I'd rather not." I said trying to push him away.

"You don't have a choice, you're under eighteen, also known as a minor." He replied.

Why does he want to meet now?

"Does he know about you?" I asked.

"Ha, he created me." He laughed causing my eyes to get big.

If he's a vampire, even more reason why I don't want to meet him. If I'm forced to live a human life I don't want vampires in the picture. The only vampire I would have wanted to spend it with is... I can't even think about it. I just want to go through my life not thinking.

"I'll skip the family reunion, thanks." I told him turning to walk back into the kitchen.

"Well, he'll be here in about ten minutes."

"Of course." I said throwing my hands in the air.

In ten minutes exactly he pulled up in a black convertible. I walked upstairs and into the bedroom where seth, Nicholas, and I talked. I sat against the wall holding my new necklace. It was a tiny glass jar full of gray ash. The only thing keeping me connected to him.

"Marie." Hunter said opening the door. "He's down stairs, com'on."

I just looked at him, then back at the ground.

"Either you can come or I can throw you down the stairs." He threatened.

I decided to go because I no longer heal fast. I followed Hunter back down stairs and into the dining room. Sitting impatiently in one of the chairs was a tall british guy with spiky hedgehog hair, brown eyes, and the exact same brown leather jacket my dad gave me.

"Dad look who decided to join us." Hunter said escorting me to the seat across my 'dad'.

His expression immediately changed from impatience to joy and amazement.