Chapter 21: Sight

"Trollhella?"

"Lipgloss?! How's the slaying going?" She asked.

"That's why you're here. I need you to remove the slayer powers from this girl." Rave's dad said revealing why she was here.

"I can't without a valid reason." She explained.

"She's a vampire." Rave said walking over to me.

The hurt on Trollhella's face filled me with guilt. I went and had myself turned.

"It's unnatural for her to be a vampire and a slayer." Rave said.

I looked at her as sadness and guilt filled my face, then I looked at the ground. How can I get out of this?

"Lipgloss, I'm so sorry, but it's true, it's unnatural for you to be a vampire and a slayer."

"Then take away the part of me that's a vampire. I never choose to be a vampire! Look can we just speak in private?" I asked.

Trollhella nodded and the vampires left, but not before Rave sent me a threatening glare.

"Look Dante and a few other vampires tried to do the ritual, making a vampire who has super strength. The vampire they used was a friend who fell for me. He turned me, making me the strongest vampire and slayer ever. A spell a witch created." I reasoned.

"She processed for a moment before answering. "Wow. Okkaayy.." She paused and graved a piece of paper.

When she was done scribbling on it, she handed it to me.

I'LL HAVE TO FAKE THE SPELL

I nodded and she took the paper and burned it in her hand, no matches or lighter necessary.

"I'm sorry Lipgloss there's nothing I can do now, You can't be both it's just part of the balance in nature. I'm sorry." she said.

She began speaking in latin again and I decided to act like I was in pain. I figured it hurt to get my slayer powers, it would probably hurt getting them taken away. Trollhella gave me the nod of approval as I continued with the act.

"I'm sorry it had to be done." She apologize grabbing another piece of paper and scribbling on it. She handed it to me then put a finger up to her lips.

I thought about what I would do if she would have took away my slayer powers. So I cried. The truth is, I don't know who I am without the slayer powers. The person I was before has died with the human part of me.

"Okay well let's go eat shall we?" Rave asked his dad.

"We shall." His dad said walking out the back door.

"Stay." Rave ordered as if I was a dog.

As soon as they left I opened the note Trollhella left me.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW UNTIL IT'S NEEDED.

P.S A SPELL IS BREAKABLE ONLY IF YOU FEEL STRONGLY ENOUGH TO BREAK IT. (YOU WANT IT BAD ENOUGH AND YOUR REASONING IS PURE.

It's nice to know that Trollhella is who I thought she was. I didn't gather the fact that Trollhella was doing a spell, at least not until Rave ordered me to stay. My body no longer responded to what he said. Trollhella did perform a spell, just not the one they wanted her to. She was also right, I have to wait for the right time to let the spell be known.

"Well that was delicious, wouldn't you agree?" Rave asked walking into the room, blood dripping from his lips.

"Yes I would agree." His dad responded.