Chapter 14: Brotherly Love

Chapter 14: (Unedited)

I just look away shaking my head and laid down. Eventually I drifted into sleep.

I slowly opened my eyes and out of habit looked at the alarm clock to read it was 3 a.m. Dante was just standing in the corner observing me. Cause that's not creepy. I just rolled over and went back to bed.

The sun sliced through the curtains and I squinted from the light exposure.

"Last 17 hours of your life." Dante announced.

I went downstairs and cooked breakfast. It was rather annoying that Dante won't let me get two feet away from him. My last day alive and I am stuck with this jerk. How can I just sit here all day and pretend like everything is fine. I may put on a good face, but the truth is inside I am crying. Inside I am a little girl who doesn't want to die.

Then there is the other part of me. The angry part of me. I still have hours left till the full moon is in place. Plenty of time to get far far away from here. I will have to come up with a plan that is unexpected so that Dante won't even be able to figure it out. It would take some time, but I will get out of here.

"Lipgloss the sacrifice is in just 3 short hours. Ready to die?"

The question was clearly rhetorical. I mean how can one be ready to die. I mean I am so young, there are so many things I want to do with my life. I am going to make sure that I get to do all the things I want to do with my life.

This plan better work. It's just about time to execute it. First part of the plan distraction. I told Dante I wanted to look nice for my last evening alive, so I went to do my hair in the bathroom.

"Hurry up Lipgloss, you have two minutes!"

I put my hair up in a bun and stuck two stake like objects in the bun. That way I always have a weapon, no matter how big or small.

"Times up." Dante announced walking into the bathroom and shoving me out of the room into two vampires who grabbed my arms tightly.

"What the hell?" I yelled trying to break free from the vampires, unsuccessfully I might add.

This I did not plan on. Why is it they are always one step ahead of me?

"You're known for trying to escape, I can't let that happen. There might not be anything to weaken you physically, but that doesn't mean I can't weaken you mentally." He smirked.

This is really freaking. What are they going to do to make me mentally weakened? Well I guess I should rephrase that. What more could they do to make me anymore mentally weakened they I am right now?

"I know your whole life story Lipgloss and because of that I know the only thing that will distract you for the last two hours and forty minutes."

OH MY GOD! There is no way in hell Dante did what I think he did.

"Dante, you didn't?" I could hear the hurt in my voice as the tears threatened to spill.

"Boys let's show Marie where her surprise is."

He called me Marie?! That's not good. The vampires took me back to the room where there was a figure who I recognized instantly. I was not happy to see this figure. The dark clothed figure turned around and look me over. It has been months since I have seen him. Jake.

"You brought my brother here?!" I yelled turning back to Dante.

"Yup, surprise! Have fun, I'll just wait outside and if you are thinking of escaping from the window there are vampires guarding it." He warned.