Chapter 36: Escape

Marc woke up just as I had finished making the eggs. He walked into the kitchen with a surprised expression on his face.

"You can cook?"

"A little." I shrugged.

I dished it up and it was gone within five minutes. The herbs surprisingly went well with the eggs.

"That was good." Marc told me.

"Thanks." I responded.

After I did dishes we set off into the woods. Now is my chance to lose him. I waited until the perfect moment. Marc had gotten a couple yards ahead of me and there was a steep hill just to my right. At the end of the hill were a lot of trees, I'll lose him in there.

I looked to Marc once last time before I started running, gaining speed quickly, jumping over shrubs and stumps. I quickly moved barely missing the trees. I crisscrossed hoping to lose him. Finally I came to a sharp turn leading to a huge bush that I quickly jumped into, at last being able to catch my breath.

"MARIE?!" I heard Marc scream making my heart skip a beat.

He continued screaming for hours (at least it felt that long). At last he left and I could leave this bush. I ran as hard as i could for what felt like an hour, till I finally came to a road. I wondered if I should walk on the road or not, and came to the conclusion to walk just a layer in the woods in case Marc got on the road.

I came to a gas station hours later and ran inside. "May I use your phone?"

"Sure it's just down the hall and to the left." The old gentleman directed me.

I quickly dialed Nicholas' number and patiently waited for him to pick up. "Hello?"

"Nicholas?"

"Marie? Where are you? Are you okay?!"

"Yeah, I'm fine and..." I quickly looked through the phone book and found the address of the gas station. "I'm in some small town just outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania."

"Okay, give me the address." He told me.

After giving Nicholas the address I quickly got outside and hid in the woods. It would take Nicholas hours to get here and Marc will probably still be looking for me. While I waited I looked to see if I could find anything I needed for the spell I am planning for Dante. I got the spell from the book I saw in Marc's log cabin. I might have 'accidentally' ripped it out and took it with me.

"Marie?" A familiar voice called out. "Marie?" They said again.

After listening to them a few more times, I realized it was Nicholas calling and I came out of the woods.

"Nicholas!" I yelled once he was in view.

His face lit up in relief when he saw me. "Marie!"

I was relieved to see that Trollhella was in the passenger seat. Now I don't have to track her down to do the spell.

I waited till an hour into our drive before I decided to bring it up. "So, I think I found a solution to the current predicament we're in."

"You mean with Dante?" Nicholas asked.

"Yes, clearly killing him didn't work, so I have a better plan. Dante is hoping to get back in his body, so then Seth will be back. As for Dante, I found a spell that will give Dante his humanity back."

"What does the spell call for?" Trollhella asked.

"Well some herbs that I have already collected, a dragon flower, that doesn't grow in this area, and an object that belonged to Dante before he was a vampire." I responded.