Chapter 7: Surprises and School

Little longer than most chapters. Lot's of filler, but don't worry thinks will get exciting soon!

-CD Marie

Chapter 7: (Unedited)

I couldn't start training for about a week. School starting in 9 days. I have orientation in 7 days. Nicholas is teaching offense and dante is teaching defense. Right now we're focusing on basic fighting techniques, more specific how to throw a punch and block a punch. Nicholas says you should always have your non dominate hand protecting and blocking your face. Dante just says to punch them in there gut, face, or kick them in the leg. He has very interesting techniques.

We have practice fights after the end of each training section. So far they both can still beat my easily. I'm making process though. Each day I work on something different. Mondays I work on fist to fist combat, Tuesdays I have stake training, Wednesdays is tumbling and flips. Thursday I work with swords, Friday is knifes, Saturday is use whatever you can find as a weapon and finally Sunday is review and combat day. The goal is to have at least 2 hours of training per day.

Tumbling and flips is my favorite training day. I worked on round offs and and learned how to somersault out of a dangerous fall. For example if I was thrown across the room I could somersault onto the ground to avoid any serious injuries. It's fun but difficult to perfect.I think Dante gets way too much pleasure in throwing me across the room.

By the end of the week I was so sore I went through the very unpleasant experience of taking an ice bath. I could feel my aching muscles no matter if I was sitting or walking. Hopefully my fast healing will make me feel better before orientation tomorrow.

I woke up to the sound of rain and thunder. Great it's going to be could. I hate the cold, except the snow. Although the thought of snow made me cold. I got up and threw on jeans and s long sleeve blue shirt and walked downstairs. I decided to make eggs and toast for breakfast. It was unusually quiet for 8:00 in the morning, they're usually up.

As I ate my breakfast I wondered how freshman orientation is going to go today. Hopefully, I would meet at least one person. It sure would make wednesday a lot less stressful.

Boom!

I jumped at the noise. It sounded like the front door just opened. I got up to look, but nothing was there. Weird. I went back to eating my breakfast.

Crack!

Was that the noise of glass breaking? I know I'm not just imagining these things. I got up and looked around for a weapon. It's a good thing I have a secret stash of stakes in every room. Wait! My stakes, they aren't here! What do I use as a weapon? Com'on Marie think! A wooden spoon! I got to the drawer and grabbed one. I continued toward the door, but no one was there. Or at least they aren't anymore. On the floor was one of my glass vases shattered in a thousand pieces. I continued to look but didn't see anyone.

Crash!

I ran back to where I was eating my eggs and the plate was all over the floor.

Bang!

'

Someone in all black clothes, a face mask, and beanie tackled me. I was pinned. I did the only thing I could do, head butt the jerk on me. They lost their grip and I pushed them off me and pinned them. They then tried to head butt me but I dodged it. They were so strong that they threw me into the air and I did a backwards somersault to soften my landing. Wait! The missing stakes, the throw into the air. OMG! I walked back over and they threw a punch but my hand blocked it. Then I reached toward their head and ripped the mask off. I knew it!