nine

The hologram of the gold titanium alloy suit was projected into the air from the top of the desk, spinning around in the air

The hologram of the gold titanium alloy suit was projected into the air from the top of the desk, spinning around in the air. Audelia took steps around it, moving her hands over the tablet before her as she looked at certain aspects of the newly painted suit schematics that Tony had sent over just minutes before.

"Even for you, Tony Stark, solid gold is a little much," was the murmur underneath of Deli's breath as she swiped her fingers over the tablet, throwing hot rod red into certain sections of the suit.

With the tablet now placed on the table, Deli couldn't help but smile as she looked over the red and gold suit hologram before her now. Quickly tapping a button on the tablet, she sent the new schematics back over to Tony.

"Audelia?" at the click of the office door, Deli moved her hand over the hologram before her, watching it dissipate as if it was never there as Nathan walked into the office. He stopped in his tracks with a smile over his face, his eyes roaming up and down her body. "Damn...when did you get that dress?"

"Birthday gift from Tony last year," Deli informed him as she stepped around the corner of her desk, fluffing her loosely curled hair before straightening out the black dress that showed quite a lot of cleavage. It was a gift from Tony, though, so she expected nothing less. "His name is the one on the benefit, I found it only right."

"Well, I think you look absolutely stunning," Nathan planted a kiss on the woman's lips, a far too short one for her liking, before pulling away and walking out the door. "Go ahead and finish up, I'll be in the living room with Pepper."

Moving into the large walk-in closet of the master bedroom, Deli let her eyes linger on the sight of the ocean's waves gently lapping at the beach from the windows before moving over to the full length mirror before her. She strapped on the black high heels that awaited her at the mirror, fastening the gold statement necklace around her neck before grabbing the gold clutch she had laid out hours before and exiting the room to head for the living room.

The smile on Deli's face widened as she saw Pepper Potts awaiting her. The navy blue dress that she had helped her friend pick out days before complimented her so well, and it was a nice change to see her wearing her hair down for once.

"It's so good to see you," Deli told her as the two woman wrapped one another in a hug. Nathan walked toward them quickly after, adjusting his cuff links as Pepper pulled back and looked between them both.

"Alright, we should head out soon because I know how you feel about Christine Everhart and I'm sure she's going to want an exclusive-"

"You're not on the clock tonight, Pepper," Audelia reminded her friend as Jarvis opened the front door for her. "Even business talk, just enjoy yourself."

The car ride to the Disney Concert Hall was silent on Deli's end. Nathan and Pepper made small talk, mainly talking about how thinks had been at the hospital, while Deli sat silently and toyed with the ring around her finger.