fifty-four

Maya Hansen walked carefully through the entryway of the Stark household in Miami, her eyes trailing around the walls as she looked at the different pictures hanging in the entryway, a slight smile crossing her lips at the sight of some pictures o...

Maya Hansen walked carefully through the entryway of the Stark household in Miami, her eyes trailing around the walls as she looked at the different pictures hanging in the entryway, a slight smile crossing her lips at the sight of some pictures of little Aurora Motter in the frames.

"Right there's fine," the woman whipped around as Tony Stark stood before her, clad in his Iron Man suit. He tilted his head at her before the suit opened up, allowing him to step out of it. "You're not the Mandarin, are you? Are you?"

"You don't remember," Maya let out a small laugh, shaking her head. "Why am I not surprised?"

"Don't take it personally, I don't remember what I had for breakfast-"

"Gluten-free waffles, sir. Ms. Motter picked them up before you went to the hospital,"

"That's right," Tony mumbled at the AI's answer, looking over at Maya. "Something you need?"

"I need to be alone with you. Someplace not here, it's urgent,"

Tony let out a short laugh, walking away from the woman and toward the living room as she followed behind him.

"You know, months ago I probably would've still gone for that type of thing but I'm sorta trying to get with the love of my life," an entire suitcase fell from the upstairs walkway onto the floor before Tony, stopping him in his tracks. "That would be her right now."

Audelia descended the stairs, tossing a backpack next to the suitcase as she strode toward Tony, crossing her arms.

"When I said we were getting out of Malibu, I meant it..." her words trailed off as her eyes locked on the woman behind him. "Maya Hansen, the MIT botanist from Switzerland. Been awhile."

"Well, at least you remembered me," she shot back at the woman with an uncomfortable smile as Deli raised an eyebrow.

"Tony didn't remember you? Don't be too upset, there were probably four other woman that night to keep track of," the billionaire cringed slightly at her comment as she grabbed the bags, moving them across the room. "You've saved yourself a world of pain, don't worry too much."

After Audelia placed her bags down near the wall, she turned back to face Tony, who was now almost on top of her, his hands finding her arms.

"Dell, we talked about this-"

"Yeah, and you refused to listen," she shot back. "We're going out of town. It's the safest thing for us and for Aurora right now."

"It's a terrible idea and we are going nowhere,"

"I'm sorry, I don't think the man who challenged a terrorist gets a say in this," Deli shoved a finger into  her chest before reaching into her pockets, slipping on the bracelets for her suit as she looked back at Tony. "This is how normal people are supposed to act, Tony."