one hundred one

A frantic call from James Rhodes was the last thing that Nathan Porter was expecting to get so early on in the morning

A frantic call from James Rhodes was the last thing that Nathan Porter was expecting to get so early on in the morning. He had already planned on meeting James at the compound for their meeting with Secretary Ross and the board, but that wasn't until after.

All Rhodey had to do was turn on the news before he and Pepper had Aurora in the car and on the way to the compound.

Nathan walked into the conference room, meeting the eye of Rhodey as the holographic meeting began, Ross and the board appearing out of no where. Rhodey sent him a sad smile, gesturing to the table on the other side of the room. Nathan peered over to where Audelia Motter sat, her head in her hands and her foot tapping incessantly on the ground over and over again.

It only stopped for a brief moment as Nathan placed a hand on her shoulder, kneeling to the ground before her as he looked into her eyes. Tears escaped down her cheeks as she shook her head, Nathan wiping them away as quickly as the fell.

"He's up there, all alone," Deli whispered, shaking her head. "I should be right there at his side, but he- why is he such a suicidal idiot?"

"Because when it comes to you, he kind of loses his common sense...if he ever had some," the comment brought a small laugh out of Deli as Nathan grasped her hands in his. "I know it hurts, but there's still a fight here. Vision is still on this planet, with that stone, and this Thanos dude is going to come for it. Let Tony fight his fight, and we'll fight ours here. He's going to come back to you, just like he always does."

Audelia wrapped her arms around Nathan, bringing him in as she buried her head in his chest as she cried. Nathan held her tight, trying to bring her any source of comfort as he listened in on the meeting behind them.

"Still no word on Vision?" Ross questioned.

"Satellites lost him somewhere over Edinburgh," Rhodey replied.

"On a stolen Quinjet with four of the world's most wanted criminals," Nathan scoffed as he stood up, standing beside Deli now.

"You know they're only criminals because you've chosen to call them that, right, sir?" Nathan sneered, sarcasam dripping from the word 'sir'. Ross raised an eyebrow, turning to look at him.

"Porter, your talent for horseshit rivals my own-"

"If it weren't for those Accords, Vision would be right here in this room," Nathan continued, standing beside Rhodey now. "Our names might've been on that paper, but we've all paid a heavy price for that."

"You have second thoughts?" Ross questioned.

"Not anymore," Rhodey commented.

Audelia looked up at the sound of heavy footsteps on the floor. Her breath caught in her throat as Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff walked through the doorway, Wanda not far behind with Sam supporting an injured Vision. Deli glanced over her old friends, seeing the ways they had changed over the years. The star on Steve's chest was gone, a full beard on his face. Natasha's hair was short, dyed a bright blonde in color. They looked tired.