one hundred nineteen

NEW JERSEY - 1970

NEW JERSEY - 1970

"Clearly, you weren't actually born here, right?"

"Seriously, Tony?" Audelia questioned him with a glance, adjusting her skirt as she avoided eye contact with all those that they passed at Camp Lehigh.

"The idea of me was,"

"Right, so," Tony glanced around at the base. "Imagine you're SHIELD, running a quasi-fascistic intelligence organization. Where do you hide it?"

"In plain sight,"

"Tony and I are heading down to the labs, Pym should be on level 6," Audelia whispered to the pair as they eyed up the bunker.

Steve led the pair over to a bunker in the middle of the camp, Audelia secretly using FRIDAY to hack into the door and allow them access to the secret elevator. Inside, the three were alone with another woman that eyed Steve suspiciously as Tony placed Audelia in her line of sight to 'inconspicuously' block her.

The elevator dinged onto their floor as Tony cleared his throat, taking Deli's hand and looking to Steve.

"Good luck on your mission, Captain," Deli had to refrain her eyeroll at his idiotic comments.

"Good luck on your project...doctors,"

As the elevator doors shut behind them Deli sighed, slapped Tony lightly on the back of the head before taking off toward the direction of the labs written on the signs.

"What the hell was that for?"

"Being a dumbass, now less talking and more walking,"

Sneaking down into the empty labs was the easy part, locating the exact position of the Tesseract on the other hand wasn't easy. Tony used the way, utilizing FRIDAY built into his glasses to analyze the heat signatures as Audelia followed along behind him, the pair racing against the clock to find that damn cube.

"That one," Tony called out, pointing to the large storage container up ahead.

Deli ran ahead, tapping her necklace as she utilized a piece of her suit on her hand to cut open the box, revealing the Tesseract sitting inside for them. Tony and her shared a smile as she reached out, grabbing onto the cube and placing it in the briefcase Tony had found lying around.

"Back in the game,"

"Arnim? You in there?"

Tony immediately shut the briefcase at the third voice in the labs, spinning on their heels to face that man now walking toward them. Deli's eyes went wide as he stepped into the light.

"Holy shit,"

"Doors this way, guys," Howard Stark spoke to the pair, approaching them cautiously. "I'm looking for Doctor Zola, you seen him?"