sixty-one

Tony Stark and James Rhodes were hiding behind one of the many crates at the shipyard, trying to see around the crates at the hoards of Extremis soldiers that lined the entire shipyard waiting to strike on them

"I could kill for some armor right now," Rhodey commented, throwing a glance over at Tony as he loaded up his handgun. Tony hummed, his eyes on the sky. Audelia was here, and he was coming to end this.

"You're right, we need backup,"

"Yeah, a bunch,"

"How about that for backup?"

Rhodey raised an eyebrow, his eyes following Tony's line of sight to the sky in the distance. They widened, seeing the streaks flying across the sky toward the shipyard.

One by one, through the night sky, came each and every single one of the suits that Tony had built over the last few months. Every color, every shape, every design all flying and hovering around the shipyard, giving them the backup that they needed to fight this battle against Killian and his army. To get the President and Deli back.

"Merry Christmas, buddy," Tony remarked with a smirk. "JARVIS, target Extremis heat signatures and disable with extreme prejudice."

"Yes sir," JARVIS remarked, his voice flowing out of each and every single suit around the shipyard.

Tony let out a short laugh, taking one step in front of Rhodey and throwing his hands out.

"What are we waiting for? It's Christmas, take them to church,"

It only took a second for each of the suits to lock onto their targets, JARVIS controlling them as they flew into battle. A black and gold Iron Man suit landed on top of a walkway, destroying the four soldiers standing upon it while another blasted a flow of missiles through the air, blowing five more to pieces.

Up top, one of the stray missiles from an explosion rocked the main warehouse up top. Audelia cocked her head, still strapped to the table as she heard the sudden explosions outside. Her eyes trailed to the other side of the room, seeing Killian with a confused look on his face as well before the entire building blew, Killian falling from below and the straps holding Deli down ripping to shreds, a scream flying through her lips as she was trapped below a pile of debris.

One of the familiar red and gold suits flew down, canopying in front of Tony as he stepped into the suit, allowing it to finally enclose around him. Rhodey let out a laugh, holstering his gun.

"Oh yeah, that's awesome. Alright, give me a suit,"

"Oh, I'm sorry, they're only coded to me," Tony shot him a smirk before the mask of his helmet came down before him. "Don't worry, though. I got you covered."

Taking off into the air, Tony flew in and out of each of the battles that his other suits were engaged in, taking down the Extremis soldiers and giving JARVIS enough time to get a lock on Audelia.