one hundred twenty

VORMIR - 2014

VORMIR - 2014

Nebula was right when she called it a dominion of death. Vormir sent chills down Natasha and Clint's spines as they stood, looking down over the edge of the cliff before them.

Nathan Porter hung in the back, chewing on his nail as he looked between Nat, Clint, and the man who guarded the stone.

"What you seek lies in front of you... as does what you fear,"

Natasha looked back at Nathan, nodding her head at him.

"The stone is down there,"

"For one of you. For the other... In order to take the stone, you must lose that which you love. An everlasting exchange. A soul, for a soul,"

They were plunged back into silence as Clint began to pace. They knew what it took to get the stone, Nebula warned them of the sacrifice. They had all hoped it was a lie.

Nathan sat on a rock, furthest from the cliff, his eyes never leaving the ledge that led to the stone they so desperately needed. Natasha's eyes drifted back and forth between him and Clint, her mind wandering to the same thoughts: they needed that stone.

"Maybe he's making this shit up," Clint tried to reason with the pair.

"Thanos left here with the stone and without his daughter," Nathan spoke up, sniffling lightly as he looked down to his hands, wringing them together. "It's not a coincidence, Clint. We hoped it would be, but it's not. This is what it takes."

Natasha rose to her feet, turning to face Clint.

"Whatever it takes," he laughed lightly, shaking his head as she stood in front of him, Nathan left off to the side with his head in his hands as he realized what was coming. "If we don't get that stone, billions of people stay dead."

"Then I guess we both know who it's gotta be,"

"I guess so,"

Clint paused, cocking an eyebrow at his friend.

"I'm starting to think– we mean different people here, Natasha,"

"For the last five years I've been trying to do one thing: Get to right here. That's all it's been about. Bringing everybody back," she reasoned with him. "You think I wanna do it? I'm trying to save your life, you idiot."

"Yeah, well, I don't want you to, because I– Natasha, you know what I've done. You know what I've become,"

"I don't judge people on their worst mistakes,"

Natasha and Clint stood in silence together, leaning their foreheads together as they knew what was to come.

"You're a pain in my ass,"

Both Clint and Natasha didn't have a chance to draw their weapons. electrified ropes wound themselves around their arms, connecting to the magnet that was dropped onto the ground beside them, anchoring them down into place on the ground. Both struggled, desperate to undo themselves, but it was no use. They had see this gadget before in Rocket's collection, something he had claimed to pick up from the Ravagers years ago.