thirty

The sun was almost completely set by the time that Tony Stark and Audelia Motter had almost finished their work on constructing the device to synthesize the new element to replace Palladium

Tony was holding one of the pipes in place as he used his wrench to put it into place, Audelia standing over top with the leveler on top to ensure that Tony was placing it in the correct place.

"Heard you broke the perimeter," the pair looked up at the sound of Phil Coulson on the other side of the room, just having entered through the lab doors. He turned to Audelia, who he hadn't seen in months, and sent her a smile. "Nice to see you again, Ms. Motter."

"Hi Phil,"

"I did break the perimeter. That was, like, three years ago," Tony told the agent as he moved to another section of the pipes with Audelia's leveler, while she herself grabbed a pile of their notes to make sure they were doing everything correctly. "Where have you been?"

"I was doing some stuff,"

"Yeah, well, us too and it worked," Tony shot back at Phil, who was now currently walking around the room and inspecting the different boxes they had gotten from Stark Industries storage vaults and even some they were able to get the SHIELD agents on watch to cough up. "Hey, I'm playing for the home team Coulson, you and all your Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers. Now, are you gonna let Audelia and I work or break my balls?"

"What's this doing here?"

Audelia looked up from her notes, her eyes wide as she saw Phil Coulson standing across the room holding up a prototype version of Captain America's iconic shield. 

Dropping her papers onto the table, she walked up to Tony's side as she stared at it with wide eyes.

"That's it, bring it to me,"

"Do you even know what this is?"

"It's exactly what I need, lift the coil," he told Agent Coulson as he took the shield from him, allowing the agent to lift the coil as he placed the shield under it before putting the leveler on top. "Look at that, perfectly level."

"You did not just use Captain America's shield to level this out, did you?"

Tony turned to look at his best friend, raising an eyebrow at her shocked face before scoffing lightly.

"Ah, sometimes I try to forget that you're in love with Captain America,"

"I am not in love with Captain America, but I respect him!"

"Respect the dude that's been dead for seventy years who could've just jumped out of the plane and lived-"

"Don't disrespect America's first hero just because you didn't like how much your dad loved him,"

"You two really do fight like an old married couple," Phil cut in, looking between the pair before focusing on Audelia with excitement in his eyes. "I have vintage Captain America trading cards, I'll make sure to bring them next time I see you."