eighty-nine

The sky was dark, almost pitch black, as the helicopter carrying both Tony and Audelia flew through the storm

The sky was dark, almost pitch black, as the helicopter carrying both Tony and Audelia flew through the storm. The ocean beneath them rocked with mammoth waves, sounds that could be heard from inside the chopper.

Tony was looking down at the information screens in front of him, both him and Audelia sitting on opposite sides of the helicopter, barely speaking a word to one another.

"Back during Barnes interrogation...did Nathan say that it wasn't Broussard interrogating him?"

"Yeah, he took one look at the screen and realized it," Deli cocked an eyebrow as she saw Tony mutter a 'shit' under his breath. "What is it?"

With a tap of the screen the image was enlarged, allowing Audelia to watch as FRIDAY spoke to the pair.

"The Task Force called for a psychiatrist as soon as Barnes was captured. The UN dispatched Dr. Theo Broussard from Geneva within the hour. He was met by this man,"

FRIDAY indicated that the man that actually interviewed Bucky was the man that intercepted the Doctor. Audelia sat up on the edge of her seat, inching toward the screen as she took in the information.

"Did you run facial recognition?" she questioned.

"The fake doctor is actually Colonel Helmut Zemo, Sokovian Intelligence. Zemo ran Echo Skorpion, a Sokovian covert kill squad,"

"What about the real Broussard?" Tony asked, ask the screen flickered to the new photo.

"He was found dead in a Berlin hotel room. Where police also found a wig and facial prosthesis approximating the appearance of one James Buchanan Barnes,"

"Son of a bitch," Tony muttered, running a hand down his face. "Get this is Ross, immediately."

The helicopter went silent once more as the screens went dark. Tony contemplated his next step for a moment before he moved to sit beside Audelia. Quietly, he took her hand in his, his fingers finding the ring immediately.

"I should've trusted you, and Steve. I'm sorry,"

"Save the apologies for later, we have a psychopath to stop,"

◼ ◼ ◼

The Raft was one of the United States most high tech and highly policed prisons, located in the middle of the ocean to ensure that no one would ever escape from it.

Tony and Audelia stepped off their helicopter, being met with Ross before them. Audelia helped Tony adjust the arm brace around his arm before turning to face Ross.

"So? You got the files? Let's reroute the satellites, start facial scanning for this Zemo guy," Tony spoke, only met with a blank stare.

"You seriously think I'm gonna listen to you after that fiasco in Leipzig? You're lucky you're not in one of these cells,"