one hundred twenty-one

"You do not seem like the kind of woman that's normally here alone,"

Audelia Motter sighed, rolling her eyes lightly at the cheesy line as she twirled her straw around her glass absentmindedly. She casted a glance toward the man speaking to her at the bar, not generally impressed with his pick up line but deciding that he was cute enough for some attention.

"I'm not," she shouted back over the music. "Usually I'm with my best friend watching him drink away and I'm automatically the designated driver."

The man hummed, taking a seat beside her as he ordered them both another round. He turned himself completely to face her in the seat, a small grin on his face.

"Something tells me that tonight, he's part of the problem?"

Deli let out a short laugh, finishing off the last of her drink.

"Do yo really not know who I am?" the man on shrugged.

"Should I?"

"Probably, my best friend and I are almost always on the news. But...I like that you don't," she thanked the bartender for her new drink before looking at the man beside her. "I, uh...might have a thing for my best friend. Always have, kind of makes it hard to be around him when he's picking up other women."

The man nodded, listening to every word she said. She liked that already, a change of pace from the way Tony half listened to her all the time.

"Maybe it's time to give someone else a try," he spoke, a tiny smirk on his lips. "I'm free every night and would happily volunteer myself."

Audelia laughed, a genuine one that she hadn't in awhile, as she reached out her hand for the man before her.

"I'm Audelia Motter,"

He smiled, taking her hand in his.

"I'm Nathan Porter,"

The photo was part of their engagement photoshoot years ago. Sometimes, it was awkward to look at the photos, except for this one. It wasn't meant to make the album, but something about it was so real. They were just simply goofing off, having fun between shots, but they always looked happier in these moments then they did in any of the other photos. It took a few years for Audelia to realize that she did truly love Nathan, just platonically.

The woman locked her phone as the tears rolled down her cheeks silently. She looked out to the lake before her, her feet dangling over the edge of the dock right over the water. She had been out there for awhile now, just staring out at the water in silence.