one hundred eighteen

NEW YORK - 2012

NEW YORK - 2012

The Chitauri that hung off the buildings around them screeched as they watched part of their army die before them, the screeches echoing off the walls of the buildings.

The team stood together in a circle, Audelia landing beside Tony and next to Steve as they all prepared themselves for the oncoming fight, looking around at the alien army before them and assessing their options.

Phil Coulson died believing in heroes, believing in the Avengers. Finally, though not easily, those heroes would become the team the world needed them to be.

A few streets away, that broken team that had come so far since defending New York, appeared out of thin air, landing on the ground as their white suits disappeared.

"Alright, we all have our assignments," Steve turned to look at his team, now donning his old suit from years ago as he looked between his friends. "Two stones up town, one down. Bruce has uptown while Tony, Scott and I work on the scepter and the tesseract. Deli, you're coordinating. Keep past you from coming up that elevator with Sitwell and STRIKE and make sure that control room is shut down. Stay low and keep an eye on the clock."

Deli only nodded at her friend as they all turned, 2012 Hulk barreling down the street with a roar. He raged, using a stray vehicle to destroy the Chitauri in his path before barreling off down the street once more. Everyone turned to look at Bruce, who just avoiding their glances.

"Might want to smash a few things on the way," Audelia told him as he sighed, ripping off the large shirt covering his body.

"I think it's gratuitous, but whatever,"

It was painful to watch as Bruce pretended to smash things in his way, before taking off down the street toward uptown. Steve gave his friends one last glance before he took off down the road, using the buildings around him as cover to make it to the tower as they new the battle was nearing it's end.

Tony took the moment to turn to Audelia, holding her face in his hands.

"Be careful, okay? If I call for you over the comms you better respond,"

"Same goes to you," she leaned in quickly, savoring the feeling of his lips on hers before pushing him toward Scott. "Try not to focus on your body falling out of the sky."

Being alone in 2012 felt weird. Audelia had lived through this, fought in the battle that was currently happening, and the idea of being there again sent a shiver down her spine. She never would've thought they'd end up here from where they started.

She had finally made it to Stark Tower as the battle winded down, as the Chitauri littering the street fell lifeless to the ground as she knew that meant Tony had just fell from the wormhole.

Rounding the corner and putting herself into place, Audelia had to watch herself on the bridge as she stood before Nathan, placing his ring back into the palm of his hand. A frown etched itself onto her lips as she watched the scene play out, the same scene that she had lived through and was now reliving over again.