seventy-seven

"Keep moving! Don't stop, come on!"

Decked out in the full Imperial suit, Audelia Motter rushed the families on the twelfth floor of the Sokovian apartment down the staircase and out toward the streets. After the last family made it down the stairs she did a sweep of the apartments, ensuring no one was left on the last floor of the building before flying out one of the windows.

Hovering just outside the building, she watched as the stream of people people filed out of the building and onto the crowded streets below, as people ran and drove out of the small city as quickly as possible. Deli made her way back toward the bridge, landing beside Steve Rogers as he coordinated traffic moving out of the city.

"Building clear?" Steve questioned as Audelia lifted her mask.

"Last of them should be filing out any second now," she spoke, turning back to look at the hoards of people making a mad dash for the city exits as she spoke through the comms next. "Tony, how are things over there?"

"He's waiting for me. Heading in now, be on alert,"

Steve and Audelia followed his word, moving back to handling the traffic and the people at hand. They tried to keep the lines moving out of the city as neat as possible, trying to keep all cars moving and keep the people in an orderly line as to not cause more confusion than necessary.

All moved fine until the earth below them began to shake, screams erupting from the civilians. Steve and Tony whipped around, seeing Ultron's army of bots descending from the skies, crawling out of every crevice imaginable as the brought havoc down on the city.

The Imperial facemask came down on Deli face as she shoved two civilians out of the line of fire, firing her repulsor at the bot as it fell to pieces. She turned on her heel, Steve seeing her aim at the bot behind him as he ducked, throwing his shield at the one sneaking up on her just as she destroyed the one on his tail.

The ground beneath them shifted once more as Deli flew up into the air, surveying the land from an areal view.

Cracks formed around the edges of the city in a circle, breaking off the center of Sokovia from it's outskirts. Bridges, roads, rivers, they all split apart as the center piece of Sokovia rose further into the air above.

"FRIDAY?" Deli whispered, hoping for a better answer than the one she knew she was going to get back.

"Sokovia is going for a ride,"

Tony's suit appeared beside her in the air, they pair exchanging a look before they turned back to the destruction that was occurring before them as Ultron's voice poured out of the bots surrounding the city.

"Do you see? The beauty of it, the inevitability. You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor, my swift and terrible sword and the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal,"