ninety-five

"Ms

"Ms. Motter, not that I don't love the idea of spending time with you, but I have to get on the bus for a field trip in half an hour-"

"You'll make it. There's someone I want you to meet first,"

Peter nervously walked down the hallway at Audelia's side. Getting dragged out of bed by your Aunt telling you that one of your idols is at the door for you is not how he planned on spending the day, but he wasn't entirely complaining. Though he knew he needed to get on that bus in half an hour, or he was never going to catch up to the man with the wings.

Audelia knocked on the door in front of her twice before popping it open, stepping inside with a smile. She gestured for Peter to follow, as he obliged, eyes going wide as he entered the living room, pointing at the man on the couch with young Aurora Motter climbing all over him.

"Is- is that Benjamin Motter? Like, the Benjamin Motter?"

"Ah, so this is the kid that you were telling me about?" Ben said to his daughter, scooping his granddaughter into his arms as she giggled. She climbed back onto the floor as Ben walked forward, extending a hand toward Peter. "Nice to meet you, Peter. Now, what do you mean by the Benjamin Motter?"

"They- you were a big part of the World Word II part of history class," Peter said, swallowing the lump in his throat as he shook his hand. "It's an honor to meet you, sir. The stuff you did in the war...it was really cool."

Ben let out a laugh, letting go of Peter's hand as Aurora stepped between them. She looked up at Peter, cocking her head to the side.

"You're Peter?"

"...yes?"

"I like him," Rora commented, latching onto Peter's arm as she looked up at her mom. "Can I keep him?"

"You'll see him all the time, Rora, but you can't keep him," Deli commented with a laugh, taking her off of Peter's arm and pushing her toward her dad's bedroom. "Why don't you go look at some of pap's pictures, yeah? We have to talk to Peter for a little bit."

With the young girl now in the other room, Peter was sat on the couch opposite of Benjamin and his daughter, his hands sweating slightly as he rubbed them on his jeans.

"Look, I don't know what you think I did but-"

"I heard that you're the spider in red swinging around the city at all hours,"

Peter's eyes went wide as he looked over to Audelia, stumbling on his words as she shrugged.

"I didn't tell him, so don't look at me,"

"I knew this one was Imperial long before she ever told me officially," Ben commented with a jab over at his daughter. "But when I heard that the New York webslinger was just a 15 year old kid, I had to talk to him."

Peter took a second to contain his nerves, trying to find something to say.

"I didn't ask to be who I am, but...I am," Peter awkwardly commented, still fumbling for words. "I...I don't know what I did and why you want to talk to me but-"