thirty-five

ONE YEAR LATER

ONE YEAR LATER

"You're good  to go on this end. The rest is up to you,"

Audelia Motter moved her hands around the holographic screens before her, moving bits and pieces around as she double checked the math and the schematics, looking down at the live video call on the screen and smiling at the sight of Tony.

"So you disconnected the transition lines? Are we off the grid? Because I don't want to flip this on and have it all go to shit,"

"Stark Tower is about to become a beacon of self-sustaining clean energy," Tony told her, sending her a grin.

"You're just automatically assuming that the arc reactor is actually going to take over and work-"

"Dell, trust me for more than two seconds and light her up,"

The women let out a sigh, flipping the switch on the desk before turning to the floor to ceiling windows of the Stark Tower living room. A smile lit up her face as she saw the lights outlining the landing zone for the Imperial and Iron Man armors light up.

"How's it looking from your end?"

"Like Christmas, but with more... me,"

"Oh yeah, because that's what we all need," Audelia joked, laughing at the eye-roll Tony shot back at her. Her head popped up, shooting toward the hallway across the room as she heard laughter bouncing off the walls. "Hurry up and get in here so you can celebrate with the rest of us."

"T-minus one minute...or two, depends how slow JARVIS wants to be,"

With another laugh, Audelia Motter disconnected from the call, rising out of her chair as she saw Pepper came running down the hallway.

"It worked? It actually worked?" Deli nodded her head as the woman cheered, throwing her arms around Audelia in a hug that she happily reciprocated. "Oh god, you and Tony need to get out there and start doing press. You've got to go wider on the public awareness campaign. I'll set up some press interviews for tomorrow, I've got to take the jet to D.C. to work on zoning for the next three buildings-"

"Why don't you let her celebrate with this one over here before you bombard her with press, Pep?"

Deli turned away from Pepper, smiling as she saw Nathan Porter exiting the hallway. Her eyes trailed down to the little 5 month old baby cradled in his arms, her smile going even wider as she stalked over, taking her daughter right out of his arms and placing a kiss on her head.

"How about that, Rora? We did it baby!" the little girl let out a tiny giggle as Audelia rubbed her nose against her daughter's, carrying her around the room and back over to the table reading the stats on their newest creation as Pepper and Nathan watched her with a grin. She looked over the numbers quickly before looking down at Rora's smiling face, whispering softly to her. "You know, Tony already told me that one day, this is all going to be your's. The tower, the company, all run by little Aurora."