eighty-seven

Steve Rogers made his way out into the open of the airport, knowing the fight that lied ahead of him was one he didn't want to have, but was necessary.

The helicopter before him was in sight, but a device landed on the propeller, sending electricity through the entire helicopter and rendering it useless. Steve followed the device to it's owner, Tony Stark in the Iron Man armor, right above him.

Tony landed on the ground before his old friend, Rhodey landing not long after beside him. Steve watched as Audelia was the last to land, lifting her helmet to look Steve directly in the eye.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Don't you think that's weird?

"Definitely weird," Rhodey replied to Tony's comment as the man lifted his helmet to look at Steve. Tony spared a glance at Audelia to see her looking at the ground, avoiding eye contact with everyone.

"Hear me out, Tony," Steve tried to reason, already knowing what the outcome would be. "That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this."

T'Challa landed beside the group, the eyes of the Black Panther narrowed toward Steve. He spared the King a glance, before looking back to Tony as he paced.

"Ross gave us thirty-six hours to bring you all in," Audelia chimed in, looking up at Steve. "That was twenty-four hours ago. We've got orders to follow."

"You're after the wrong guy," Steve replied calmly to her. Deli bit her lip, her mind clouded with the secrets she held in.

"Your judgment is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday," Tony sneered.

"And there are five more super soldiers just like him. I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't,"

Natasha Romanoff appeared on the opposite side of Steve closest to Audelia. Her eyes, her voice, her demeanor showed the same hesitation as Audelia, without the burden of the secrets she held inside.

"Steve...you know what's about to happen. Do you really want to punch your way out of this one?"

Steve was quiet for a moment, knowing exactly what was about to happen. That moment, though, was too long for Tony as he sighed.

"Alright, I've run out of patience. Underoos!"

On cue, Peter Parker flipped out from above in his Spider-Man suit, webbing up Steve's shield and bringing it into him as he landed on a vehicle behind the group. Deli could only imagine the proud smirk he wore underneath.

"Nice job, kid,"

"Thanks. Well, I could've stuck the landing a little better. It's just the new suit... Well, it's nothing, Mr. Stark. It's--it's perfect. Thank you,"

"Save the pleasantries for later, kid," Deli chimed in as she heard Steve laugh from behind them.

"I see you've all been busy-"