seventy-five

"I just need to know that Aurora is okay-"

"Audelia, she's fine," Nathan Porter's voice came from the other end of the cell phone, shuffling heard in the background as he spoke to the woman at Clint's safe house. "Yes, she's confused as to where you and Tony went, but she's okay. Pepper and I have been keeping her busy while Pepper oversees the work on the compound upstate."

"Just tell her we love and miss her and we'll be back soon,"

"She already knows, Deli," Nathan paused for a moment. "How are you guys? You and Tony doing okay?"

"We're...doing the best we can right now," Deli said after a moment of hesitation, trying to find the right words. She glanced around the room, seeing everyone settling in as night was beginning to fall, Tony now walking through the front door with none other than Nick Fury, which had her raising her eyebrows. "Ultron had us all pretty messed up, but we're gonna find him and we're going to end this. Just make sure Rora is okay."

"I will, Deli. Be safe,"

With the ding of the call ending, Deli slid her phone back into her pocket, nodding her head at Nick as she passed him, moving to stand beside Tony. He opened his hand immediately, letting out a relieved sigh as she slid her hand into his, holding it tightly.

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time," Fury began, looking around the room at the broken team before him. "My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of Vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing."

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve questioned.

"Ah. He's easy to track, he's everywhere. Guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. Still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though,"

"What about the launch codes?" Audelia questioned their old friend, looking around at the team. "If he's still going after those, then we've got a problem."

"He is, but he isn't making an headway,"

Tony chuckled at that, gesturing between him and Audelia.

"We cracked through the Pentagon's firewall on a dare in high school-"

"I was simply there I did not take part," Deli interrupted, seeing the look that Steve was giving them.

"I contacted NEXUS about that," Fury cut in again, ignoring the side conversation. "He's focused on the missiles but the codes are constantly being changed by parties unknown."

"So you're saying that we have an ally," Natasha concluded as she helped Clint's young daughter color the paper in front of them.

"Ultron's got an enemy, that's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is. But I have more than just leads," Fury looked around at the team. "I have you. Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere, ears everywhere else. Here we all are, back on earth, with nothing but our wit, and our will to save the world. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard."