one hundred ten

"Wrra!"

"Wrra!"

" You don't need to do that. Because uh... you're just holding position," Tony spoke softly, giving the blue alien sitting across from him a tiny smile. Nebula took a glance up at him before flicking the little paper football again, missing once more. "Oh yeah, that was close."

"Don't test me," Nebula grumbled, causing a small laugh to leave Tony's lips. Nebula flicked it again, the paper football soaring over his fingers in their makeshift goalpost stance.

"That's a goal. We're now one apiece,"

"I would like to try again,"

The game went on for awhile, Tony smiling as he watched Nebula seem to actually have a bit of fun. Though, over his time spent with the alien, he knew she'd never admit it out loud if she was.

"We're tied up," Tony commented to her as he flicker the piece of paper, missing as he held up his finger goalposts once more. "That was terrible. Now you have a chance to win. Feel the tension? It's fun."

Nebula took a glance at him before flicking it once more, the little piece of paper giving her a goal.

"And... you've won. Congratulations. Fair game, good sport," Nebula wasn't sure what to do in that moment, hesitating before reaching out and shaking Tony's hand. "Have fun?"

"It was fun,"

He wouldn't admit it, but Tony knew it was taking him a lot longer to walk shorter distances in Quill's old ship.

22 days in space, and Tony could see the effect it was having on his body. Muscle mass was slowly deteriorating on every part of his body, his bones becoming more and more prominent in his arms and legs. The ribs were the most noticeable.

Slowly but surely, Tony brought himself to the ground at the front of the ship, sitting down against the wall as he stared at the broken helmet of his suit before him, a green glow from the vastness of space illuminating the ship. He reached out and under the helmet, flicking a switch as the lights flickered for a moment in the eyes.

"This thing on?" Tony coughed, his stomach grumbling as he stared at the helmet as it scanned him. "Hey Dell...If you find this recording, don't post it on social media. It's gonna be a real tear-jerker. I don't know if you're ever going to see these. I don't even know if you're... if you're still... Oh god, I hope so. Rora too. Today is day 21...uh 22."

Tony let out another cough, his eyes already welling with tears as he looked around the ship before him.

"You know, if it wasn't for the existential terror of staring into a void of space, I'd say I'm feeling better today. The infection's run its course, Thanks to the blue meanie back there. You'd love her. Very practical. Only a tiny bit sadistic," he gave a short laugh, but it hurt. "Some fuel cells were cracked during battle, but we figured out a way to reverse the ion charge to buy ourselves about 48 hours of time. But it's now dead in the water. We're 1000 light years from the nearest 7-11. Oxygen will run out tomorrow. And that'll be it."

A tear slipped down Tony's face as he reached into his back pocket. His phone was dangling with only 5% left, but he kept it alive all these days just to stare at his screen. The gorgeous future Mrs. Stark, laughing as she held Aurora close to her chest, her eyes shining with love as she looked at the man taking her photo. Another tear fell down his cheek.

"Dell, I know I said no more surprises, but I was really hoping to pull off just this last one," Tony bit his bottom lip as he sucked in a breath. "I guess I'll never get to say my vows, so I'll say them now. For a long time, I didn't think I truly knew what love was. Until, I realized that you encompassed everything I loved about this world. For awhile, you were the only thing I loved about this world. And even now, having known you my entire life, you are still the thing I love most in this world. I know, it's not me, I'm shocked too. I...don't feel bad about this. I mean, if you grovel for a couple of weeks, and then move on with enormous guilt..."

Tony's words drifted off as yet another tear fell, his head beginning to feel lightheaded.

"I should probably lie down," Tony took that last bit of his strength to leave forward, looking down at the helmet before him. "Please know that... when I drift off, I will think about you. Because it has always, and will always, be you Dell."

With a shaky hand, Tony switched his helmet off, placing himself down on the ground next to it. His vision was blurring from the lack of oxygen in the ship, closing his eyes as he drifted off into sleep once more.

Nebula walked into the room not long later, a frown settled on her lips as she stared down at the man lying on the floor. She made her way over, dragging him to his feet as she placed him in the seat that Drax would normally sit in. She let her hand linger, staring down at the man that tried to hard to stop Thanos, before leaving him be to rest.

The rest didn't last long, though.

Tony's eyes opened as a bright light illuminated the ship, washing over his face. He brought up a hand, trying to shield himself from the ever growing light that was invading his space. That was, until the light died down and he let his hand drop.

Carol Danvers smiled as she looked into the eyes of Tony Stark, realizing that she had finally found him.

◼ ◼ ◼

HERE WE GO!!!!!Also, has anyone watched Julie and the Phantoms on Netflix? Because I am legit in love with our new white boy of the month, Charlie Gillespie, and am now writing a Luke fanfic you can go check out

HERE WE GO!!!!!
Also, has anyone watched Julie and the Phantoms on Netflix? Because I am legit in love with our new white boy of the month, Charlie Gillespie, and am now writing a Luke fanfic you can go check out.