one hundred

The screams of terrified New Yorker's echoed through the buildings as they ran by in mass hysteria

The screams of terrified New Yorker's echoed through the buildings as they ran by in mass hysteria. Loud winds echoed along the alleyways like an alarm, debris flying through the air as the people did their best to avoid the chaos happening around the corner.

Audelia and Tony stuck side by side, shielding their eyes from the debris as they made their way down the sidewalk together, Wong, Strange and Bruce not far behind.

The pair desperately tried to shield their eyes from the harsh winds that felt like a hurricane rolling in. A woman to their right tripped over her feet as Tony lunged forward, grabbing her arm.

"Are you okay?"

The woman shook out of his grasp and continued to run as far as possible as a car crashed into the utility pole right behind them.

"Wong, Doc!" Deli called out as Tony moved her out of the way of an oncoming crowd running in the opposite direction. "Help him!"

"We got it, go!"

"FRIDAY?" Tony questioned the AI as he slipped on his glasses, connecting him with her while Audelia slipped in an earpiece she always kept on her. "What are we looking at?"

"Not sure, working on it,"

"Strange!" Deli looked back on Strange as the wind whipped her hair around her face. "Might want to put that stone away!"

"You might want to use it,"

The hum that silenced all of New York was deafening, echoing off the brick walls on the street. The winds whipped through the buildings, debris and trees flying everywhere. Tony held Audelia back as he peaked around the corner, the last of the civilians running past.

He turned back to meet her eye, both of them silently agreeing that this might be the last time. That whatever lied before them was what the feared was coming one day. She gave his hand one last squeeze, three times. A silent saying of 'I love you'. He smiled, knowing he didn't have to say it back, before the ground stepped out onto the street.

A spaceship hung low between the building, a giant flying ring as the mechanical hum came to a slowing.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y., evac anyone south of 43rd Street, notify first responders," Tony called out to the AI as Strange sent a burst of energy through the alleyway, clearing out the dust and giving them a clear sight to the ship before them.

A beam shot down from the ship, bringing with it two aliens. The group walked forward, Deli and Tony at it's center leading the way.

"Hear me, and rejoice," the smaller, grey alien spoke in a voice that brought a shiver to Deli's spine. "You are about to die at the hands of the Children of Thanos. Be thankful, that your meaningless lives are now contributing to-"

"I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure earth is closed today," Audelia called out, narrowing her eyes at the pair of aliens before them. "I suggest you pack it up, get back on that ship, and get out of here."