thirty-one

"Why the hell am I cleaning up your god damn mess?"

"Technically, I'd say it's our mess," Tony shot back at Audelia, a smirk on his face as he wheeled by her in his desk chair. "We both participated in the making of this brand new element, which means the mess is ours."

"Yes, but you have two hands and two legs and are more than capable of assisting me," she told her best friend, raising an eyebrow at him as she put down the broom and dustpan in her hands, watching him wheel his way to his desk with her arms crossed. "I'm not your maid."

Tony laughed, shaking his head as he instructed Dum-E to pick up a certain section of the debris before turning back to look at her.

"All this aside, I think we still need to have a conversation about...the conversation we had earlier,"

"And I told you that conversation would continue when and if the stars decide to align,"

"Through decision making, you can make the stars align-"

"Sir, incoming call from a blocked number,"

The pair locked eyes for a moment, both wondering who it could be on the other end of the call. Audelia dropped down to her knees, focusing back on the mess on the floor as she allowed Tony to focus on the call, the man believing that it was going to be Phil Coulson on the other end of the call as he accepted the call, Deli able to hear him speaking from across the room.

"Coulson, how's the Land of Enchantment?"

"Hey, Tony, how you doing? I double cycle,"

Both Tony and Audelia paused at the sound of that Russian voice: Ivan Vanko.

The woman rose to her feet slowly, making sure to place the broom on the ground quietly as she locked eyes with Tony across the room.

"What?"

"You told me double cycle's more power. Good advice,"

Tony watched Audelia carefully across the room, bringing a finger to his lip to signal her silence. She nodded back, moving quietly across the room to one of the computer stations a few feet away from Tony that had the call details up on the screen.

"You sound pretty sprightly for a dead guy,"

"You too,"

Deli quickly hit the mute button on the screen, muting their end of the call so they could talk freely.

"JARVIS, trace the call get us a location," she told the AI as she came to stand behind Tony in his chair.

"Now, the true history of Stark and Motter names will be written. What Howard and Elizabeth did to my family over 40 years? I will do to you in 40 minutes,"

Deli and Tony watched the screen intently as JARVIS traced the call as fast as he could. It was first narrowed down to the eastern seaboard, followed by the Tri-State area of New York. Deli reached down, un-muting the call from their end.