fifty-five

"Sir

"Sir...sir!"

Tony Stark awoke with a gasp, his eyes blinking wide and his mouth agape as he took in a deep breath, trying to gage his surroundings. He was inside the suit, he knew that much at least, but he had no judgement on where he actually was.

"Alright, kill the alarm. I got it,"

"That's the emergency alert," Tony's eyes went wide once again as he finally got a grip on his surroundings outside the suit, seeing he was flying (more of less falling) through the air over a snow covered highway. "It is being triggered by the power dropping below five percent."

A scream of terror left Tony's throat as he tried to gain control over the suit, but many of the functions were no longer working as he plummeted toward the earth. The suit crashed against the roadway before flailing off into the woods, crashing through snow cover trees until it landed face-first against the ground.

Tony let out a groan, rolling himself over onto his back as he ripped off the face-mask of the helmet, staring up at the snow as it fell from the sky. His face was wet, covered in his own blood as he stared at the sky and wished he were somewhere else.

"It's snowing, right? Where are we, upstate?"

"We're five miles outside of Rose Hill, Tennessee,"

The man's eyes went wide in anger as he whipped his head around to look at the trees around him.

"Why?! Jarvis! Not my idea! What are we doing here? This is thousands of miles away, I gotta get Audelia, I gotta..."

"I prepared a flight plan before the attack. This was the location,"

"Who asked you?" Tony shoot his head, closing his eyes in frustration. "Never mind that, not important. Dell has to have her suit, or at least something. Can you shoot her a message? God, she probably thinks I'm dead."

"I believe Ms. Motter has her armor, but it appears that it was damaged during the attack. I am unable to connect to her suit," the man let out a curse, shutting his eyes even tighter. "The only suits not damaged are the ones in deep storage, but I'm afraid I may be malfunctioning, sir. I can not seem to connect to any of the other prototypes."

"Then open eject, now,"

The suit opened from the front, releasing Tony's body and allowing him to sit up right. He shivered, grabbing his bare arms immediately as the cold air hit him.

"That's brisk! Maybe I'll just cozy back up for a bit..."

Tony moved to lie back down in the suit when sparks erupted from some of the wires now exposed along the framework, JARVIS's voice sounded through though it was broken.

"I actually think I need to sleep now, sir,"

"JARVIS..." Tony looked down at the suit from where he sat within it, hoping for a response from his friend. But the lights were out, and JARVIS was no longer there. "JARVIS? Don't leave me, buddy."