twelve

The small workshop that Audelia Motter had set up in the four car garage of her Malibu estate was nothing compared to the one that her best friend owned, but it was enough to get the job done

With the sun beginning to set on the horizon, Deli worked diligently in her lab, melding together some of the last bits and pieces of her armor. It was far from being completed, most of the parts still on order, but thankfully they had enough that Deli was able to begin work on the portion of the armor that encompassed her hands and forearms, as well as the beginnings of the helmet.

The silver titanium-alloy glinted at her as she raised and eyebrow, smiling at her work before her. The silver helmet sat beside it, color combinations still running through her head. Her plan was to hook up the last few wires within the blasters to ensure they worked, and sync JARVIS with her helmet and blasters. At least a portion of her suit was functional.

Audelia let out a curse as she dug through one of her tool boxes, realizing that what she needed was currently sitting in Tony's lab. She wanted to at least get the helmet and blasters working, that way she knew that everything was hooked up right so that the rest of the suit would take no time at all.

Quickly packing the pieces of armor into one of the giant carrying cases she had stolen (more like borrowed) from Tony, Deli grabbed her phone from her workbench as she made her way back into the main portion of the house.

"You'll have to start the movie without me," Deli told Nathan, sending him an apologetic smile as she slipped her shoes on. "Need to head over to Tony's to work on something."

Nathan couldn't hid the disappointed look on his face as he placed his book on the coffee table, rising to his feet as he came to stand across from his fiance.

"Thought you two got locked out?" he questioned, Deli looking up at him with a raised eyebrow. "That's not how I meant that. It's just if you two are locked out, then what could you be working on right now?"

"Personal project, it's nothing to worry about," Deli sent him what she hoped was a reassuring smile, kissing him on the cheek as a lie rolled off her tongue. "It's something Tony's been working on, he just needs my help fine tuning some details. And I have most of the parts here so..."

Audelia hated lying, especially to someone she cared about. She wished you could show Nathan what she was working on, wished she could tell him about Tony's suit and her own, about how they were destroying their weapons and making everything right again, but she couldn't. She wished that he would be excited and proud, but she knew he wouldn't be. He'd worry, which after watching all that Tony had gone through he would have every right to, but he'd try to stop her. 

If there was one thing Audelia Motter didn't like, it was being told what to do.

"Tell Tony I say hey, then," Nathan reached out, pulling Deli into a hug. "And I expect you back by the end of this movie. I was planning on making homemade ice cream tonight."