thirty-three

Audelia Motter wasn't sure what to do

Nathan and his fiance were just stood, a mere ten feet apart, staring at one another just a few moments after the family had run off. Audelia was desperately searching for some type of emotion in Nate's face, but she got nothing, not a single emotion. Not sadness, not anger, not a single emotion on his face.

"Dell! It's just me against Rhodes! I need backup at the biodome!"

"On my way," Audelia answered back to Tony, her eyes never leaving Nate's who was able to hear everything as her mask was open. She opened her mouth to speak before shutting it once more, trying to find some way to justify what her fiance was seeing, but she knew there was nothing she could say. "I gotta go...Pepper should still be inside the main stage. Get to her and wait outside."

Nathan let out a small laugh, staring at Audelia as she closed her face mask over her face. A small smile slipped it's way onto his lips.

"Go be a hero, Deli,"

Inside the biodome, Tony Stark was pinned to the ground by the War Machine armor currently being controlled by Ivan Vanko. James Rhodes tried his hardest to fight against the programming from the Russian in his suit, but it was to no avail.

The missile launcher on the shoulder of the suit aimed itself at Tony's head as it constantly sprayed bullets at the suit, Tony holding it back with just his armor to avoid any direct hits to the face as easily as he possibly could.

"TONY!" Rhodes called out as he watched his friends grip on the missile start to slip.

Tony fought against it, trying to through the suit off of him until there was a shot, Rhodey's suit flying backwards and landing in the water at the same moment that Natasha Romanoff in the Hammer Industries facility was able to reboot his suit. Tony Stark shot to his feet, looking down at Rhodey's armor before lifting his face mask, turning around to see Audelia standing behind him with her face mask lifted as well.

"I got your back, remember?" she shot at him with a smirk as the man rolled his eyes.

"The more you use that damn line over the years the more annoying it gets,"

"Save the cute arguments for later, the reboot is complete. You two got your best friend back," Natasha's voice cut in over comms, a small video feed popping up on both of their screens as one of them popped up for Natasha as well.

"Thanks Nat,"

"Already using nicknames I see,"

"At this point I think we should consider ourselves friends, Natasha,"

"So if we're done adding the badass assassin to the list of women your little bisexual ass has a crush on," Tony cut in, looking over at his best friend who rolled her eyes in response. "I would like to say thank you to Agent Romanoff."

IMPERIAL ◼TONY STARK◼On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara