one hundred sixteen

"We know the how, now we need to figure out the when and the where," the team listened intently as Audelia spoke, turning from the screens behind her to face the team, Steve and Tony right by her side as she looked around at everyone, determinatio...

"We know the how, now we need to figure out the when and the where," the team listened intently as Audelia spoke, turning from the screens behind her to face the team, Steve and Tony right by her side as she looked around at everyone, determination written on her face. 

"Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones," Steve spoke.

"Or, you can substitute encounter with damn near killed by," Tony interjected as Deli shot him a look.

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip each, and these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history," Bruce interjected as he paced the room, shaking his head at the mere thought.

"Our history," Audelia commented. "So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in."

"Which means we have to pick our targets," Clint concluded as Tony snapped his fingers at him.

"Correct,"

"Let's start with the Aether," Steve turned to look at their Asgardian friend. "Thor, what do you know?"

The entire team turned to face Thor, who was sat in a chair in the corner of the room. Sunglasses covered his eyes, what sounded like snores flowing trough his mouth.

"Is he asleep?" Natasha questioned as Deli grumbled under her breath.

"No, no I'm pretty sure he's dead,"

With a partially awake Thor now standing in front of the hologram screens as the rest of the team sat around, waiting for his information, they all already knew they were in for quite the journey.

"Where to start? Umm... The Aether, first, is not a stone, someone called it a stone before. It's more of a... an angry sludge thing, so... someones gonna need to amend that. Here's an interesting story though, many years ago... My grandfather had to hide the stones from the Dark Elves..." as Thor began to make spooky like noises, Nathan shot Deli and Tony an incredulous look, which matched the look on their faces as well. "Wooooh, scary beings. So Jane- Oh, there she is. That's Jane... She's... an old flame of mine... She... she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time... and then the Aether stuck itself inside her... And, she became very, very sick. So I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from. And we had to try and fix her. We were dating at the time, you see. I got to introduce her to my Mother... who's dead, and oh you know, Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, these things happen though you know, nothing last forever-I'm not done yet, the only thing permanent in life is impermanence."

The entire team sat, dumbstruck at what they had just witnessed five years of depression and drinking could do to a guy, even a god. Audelia wasn't even sure if she paid attention to half of what he said, not that she could remember any of it anyways.

"Awesome," Tony commented, standing up and trying to drag the half drunk god from the screens. "Eggs? Breakfast?"

"No, I'd like a Bloody Mary,"