forty-four

Iron Man and Imperial flew toward the portal in the sky side by side, spinning and ducking around one another as they shot at the aliens descending from space before them

Audelia spun around Tony's backside, firing at two of the aliens as she dodged one of their shots as Tony mirrored her actions beside her, flying though the fiery explosion they left behind in their wake. Tony opened the missile slot of his suit, firing at all of the incoming aliens as the pair stopped, hovering in the air together as they all blew to bits around them.

"This isn't going to stop anything," Audelia told her best friend over the comms as she watched more and more aliens descend from the portal before them. "Closing that portal is going to be the only way to stop it."

"These things are still coming, Dell, and we've got no way to shut the portal down,"

"Then we need to get into the city, get their attention on us and keep it that way," Deli turned to face Tony. "Our main priority needs to be the people, we have to keep the safe."

"Look, I know I might overdo it sometimes, but it's so hot when you're-"

"Tony, shut your god damn mouth and kill some aliens, please,"

The pair flew side by side down and into the city, weaving in and out of the buildings as they amassed a group of the Chitauri right behind them. The people below on the streets were running for their lives, Tony and Deli not able to get all of the Chitauri to follow them instead.

"Natasha, we could really use you guys right about now!" Audelia spoke through the comms as she connected to the line that Natasha, Barton, and Steve were currently on. "How close are you?"

"We're on your three, heading North East,"

"What'd you do, stop for drive-thru?" Tony shot back. "Swing up Park, we're gonna lay them out for you."

Tony and Audelia flew down past Stark Tower with the Chitauri on their heels, Thor currently battling his brother on the deck of the tower as they flew past. They dove down into the city, flying through the streets as Natasha and the team flew down the intersecting lane, firing at the Chitauri as explosions fired off behind the pair in iron armor.

"Mr. Stark, Ms. Motter, we have more incoming," JARVIS rang out through both suits, pulling up live feed of the portal above the tower, showing the amount of aliens flying through. "There also appears to be a hostage situation happening two blocks North of the tower."

"Bottle neck that portal as best you can, I'll deal with the hostages," Audelia told Tony before veering off from his path, flying down between the buildings once more as JARVIS outlined a path to the situation.

"Dell...don't die please,"

"You too, Tony,"

Flying in and out of the buildings, taking down Chitauri along the way, the Imperial armor busted through the window of the cafe that JARVIS was directing her toward. The glass fell around her as the the hostages inside screamed in terror.