seventy-four

Tony Stark kept his arm wrapped tightly around Audelia's waist, guiding her along with the team up to the large farmhouse that Clint was currently leading them toward

Tony Stark kept his arm wrapped tightly around Audelia's waist, guiding her along with the team up to the large farmhouse that Clint was currently leading them toward. He hadn't let go of her since she had snapped out of whatever it was the Maximoff girl had done to her, knowing that whatever it was it really messed her up.

"What is this place?" Thor questioned as Clint led them up the stairs toward the front door of the house. Deli shrugged her shoulders.

"A safe house," she spoke, her voice soft. It broken Tony's heart as he held one of the strongest women he's ever known tighter in his arms.

"Let's hope," Clint said to the team, opening the front door of the house with Natasha slung around his shoulders. "Honey? I'm home."

The team stopped in their tracks as a heavily pregnant women turned the corner into the living room, looking at them in complete shock just as they looked back at her in shock.

"Hi, company. Sorry I didn't call ahead,"

"This is an agent of some kind," Tony mumbled to Deli and Steve, as Clint placed a kiss on the woman's lips, turning to face the team once again.

"Everyone, this is Laura, my wife," Clint told the team as Laura smiled nervously, waving her hand at them.

"I know all of your names..."

Footsteps were heard on the stairs as suddenly two young kids came rushing down, the boy and girl's faces lighting up at the sight of Clint.

"Dad!"

"Hey guys!" Clint laughed, taking the kids into his arms as he held them tightly.

Deli smiled at the sight, nudging Tony in the side.

"What are these, smaller agents?"

Tony rolled his eyes, ignoring the comments from his lover as the kids ran toward their 'Auntie Nat'. Natasha's face grew a large smile as she hoisted the little girl into her arms, spinning her around. Steve looked around awkwardly, clearing his throat to gain everyone's attention.

"We're sorry for barging in on you like this-"

"Yeah, we would've called ahead but we were busy having no idea that you existed," Tony finished off with a shrug as Clint laughed.

"Yeah, well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off SHIELD's files and I'd like to keep it that way. Figured it's a good place to lay low."

The team nodded in agreement, knowing that laying low was all they could do at the moment. 

Thor was the only one who still seemed completely off, turning on his heel immediately and stalking out of the front door. Steve told Tony he'd handle it, following closely behind the god to get answers.

"Hey, Laura," Tony spoke awkwardly, looking between Clint and his wife before casting a glance down at Audelia, who still stood quietly at his side. "Is there a guest room we can use? Maybe rest for a moment?"