forty-six

Audelia Motter stood at Tony Stark's side, tucked into his arm as they stood on one of the only not destroyed bridges in New York's Central Park

Audelia Motter stood at Tony Stark's side, tucked into his arm as they stood on one of the only not destroyed bridges in New York's Central Park. Erik Selvig, with the help of Thor, placed the tesseract into the specially designed containment unit before handing it off to the god. The tesseract belonged on Asgard, and far away from the reach of everyone here on earth.

It only took a second, as Thor handed one end of the containment unit to a bound Loki, for the tesseract's blue hue to cover them both before they were gone, transported back to Asgard.

Taking the moment to step out of Tony's hold, Audelia approached Natasha immediately and brought the smiling woman into a hug that was reciprocated.

"Don't be a stranger, make sure to call,"

"I will, don't you worry," Nat stepped back, smirking up at her best friend. "Is there something you want to tell me? You seem like you're hiding something."

"In time I'll tell you, but not quite yet," Deli shot back with a smirk of her own.

"You're not pregnant again, are you?"

"Oh god no, definitely not,"

The pair shared a laugh together as Clint reached inside the car, honking the horn at them.

"This is all very cute, but I have places I need to be so if we could get going-"

"Oh hush, I'm coming,"

Deli let out another laugh, waving goodbye to Clint and Natasha as they both hopped into the black car awaiting them, taking off down the road in an instant. She turned her attention back to Tony and Steve, who were currently shaking hands as Bruce placed his things inside of Tony's car.

"You two are shaking hands?" the woman questioned as she approached, just as they let go of one another. "Finally heeding my advice and putting your differences aside?"

"Don't let it inflate your ego too much," Tony shot back, throwing his arm back around her shoulders and pulling her back to his side. Steve laughed, waving at the pair before turning to walk toward his awaiting bike.

"Steve! Wait!" The super soldier stopped and turned, cocking an eyebrow at the woman as she turned to face Bruce. "We'll meet you at the tower soon, there's somewhere we need to take the Captain first."

◼ ◼ ◼

With a slight knock on the wooden door, not giving the man inside a chance to actually call her in, Audelia stepped inside of the room, shutting the door just slightly behind her to conceal the surprise that stood behind it.

"Della Bell, how nice to finally see you,"

"Hi dad,"

Benjamin Motter rose from the old couch in his room of the retirement home, grabbing onto his cane as he took the few steps toward his daughter, bringing her into a tight hug that she gladly reciprocated.