sixty

Blood sputtered out of Audelia Motter's mouth as she erupted into a fit of coughs

Blood sputtered out of Audelia Motter's mouth as she erupted into a fit of coughs. Her head was spinning, blood trailing down the wound on the back of her head and a trail running down her chin now.

She didn't have a clue on where she actually was. From her surroundings, she knew it was a warehouse of sorts, even if it wasn't an exact warehouse. From outside the windows she could see the faint outlines of cranes moving about. Her instinct told her that this was most likely a shipyard of some type, but she wasn't sure. All she knew was that she was still strapped down, and it was in her best interest to find a way out as quickly as possible.

Taking a look around the room as slyly as possible, Audelia came to the conclusion that there was no one currently in the room. She moved her indexed finger as carefully as she could to her wrist, tapping a combination tap on her bracelet as it lit up.

"JARVIS? You reconnected, buddy?"

"Yes, Ms. Motter, I have finally gained complete connection within your suit," the familiar voice of the AI flowed out of the bracelet, allowing Audelia to let out a soft sigh as she winced through the headache she was nursing. She couldn't rest for long, though. She was on the clock, not knowing when someone might walk into the room with her.

"Okay, JARVIS you're connected to the suit yes?"

"Yes, Ms. Motter, I am connected,"

"Good," she replied, taking another look around the room from as much as she could see because of her restraints. "What are the power levels currently at? Are all systems fully back online?"

"It doesn't seem so, Ms. Motter. Flight systems are at 85% and power is at an overall 83%. The suit is not fully restored, I can't access certain pieces of the suit,"

"Shit," she muttered, closing her eyes as she took a deep breath. "Okay, if flight systems are above 50%, can you get it on a flight path to me immediately?"

"Yes, but I have to remind you that without access to the entire suit, there will be pieces-"

"JARVIS, I just need the suit," a door across the room creaked open as Audelia's eyes widened, her fingers moving back to her wrist. "Just get the suit to me as quickly as you can."

Putting in the same tap combination, JARVIS's next sentence was cut off as she shut him down, hoping and praying that it didn't take too long in order for her suit to get to her. The only way she was getting out of here, hopefully, in one piece was going to be with her suit.

"Hello there my beautiful little brain,"

Aldrich Killian stepped in front of Audelia, his fingers dancing over the sides of her face. She flinched away, her eyes narrowed as she looked back to him.

"If you really believe that he's going to help you, then you're dead wrong," Aldrich clenched his jaw. "If you think for a second that Tony would stoop that low, then you don't really know him at all."

"I don't just need his help, I need your's too. But having you here isn't just to motivate him, it's actually quite more embarrassing than that," the man let out a chuckle that made Audelia want to run and hide, made her uncomfortable. "You see, you're more of my...trophy for lack of a better word. Gorgeous woman, gorgeous brain, gorgeous little girl, what isn't there to love? That's why I had a crush on you all of my younger years."

His breath fanned out over her face as he closed in on her. Audelia clenched her own jaw, spitting in his face, her saliva mixed with the blood in her mouth as she reeled back, wiping the substance from his face.

"I would never love you, Killian," she spoke, her voice defiant. "I would never love a monster."

"And yet you love Tony Stark, don't you?" his hand came to Audelia's face, holding her jaw firmly in his hand as it began to glow, a bruise surely to form on her jawline. "You've loved him all your life, haven't you? He's killed, put you and your daughter in danger and yet you love him? You love the biggest monster of them all. He's no hero, Deli, so stop kidding yourself. What you need is a real man. You need the Mandarin."

She ripped her jaw from his hand as he took another step away from her.

"You will never even be half of the man Tony Stark is," she shot back at him, her jaw aching already and burning from the fire beneath his skin. "You chose your path. You dug your grave, and no you will lie in it. You're the monster, Killian, and you're never going to win. Whether you know it or not, whether even we know it or not, Tony and I are always going to be one step ahead of you."

A smirk crossed his face as the door across the room opened once more, two large men walking inside with his hands gripping onto the shoulders of none other than President Ellis of the United States. Audelia's eyes widened as she fought against the restraints, her eyes meeting with that of the President.

"Welcome aboard, Mr. President," Killian greeted him with a sickly sweet smile as he was brought to stand before him.

"You're insane!" Audelia called out, President Ellis looking at her as she stared at the back of Killian's head. "You can't do this! Do you have any idea what you're doing, Killian? Stop this now before you make this even worse!"

"I suggest you stop speaking before you make your own situation even worse," Aldrich shot back, grabbing onto the President's shoulder as he began to lead him away. "Right this way, sir. There's something I have to show you."

Audelia could only watch on with wide eyes as the President of the United States was dragged away. His eyes flickered back to Audelia, locking with her's as she fought against the restraints.

"Just hang on, Mr. President!" she called out to him. "We're going to get you out, just hang on!"

The door across the room slammed shut, the sound echoing through the room as Audelia was left to sit in silence once more, to contemplate what would happen next and if Tony even knew where she was.

◼ ◼ ◼

ONLY TWO MORE CHAPTERS FOR IM3 OH MY GOD HERE WE GO PEOPLE YES!